Author Topic: names of poorhouses in midlothian and selkirk and whereabous they were sited  (Read 870 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
back on the search for my grt granddad johns' birthmother.she should appear on the census as servant in the household of George grenville- levison -gower at clermiston house, if the same name then turns up in a poorhouse in either Edinburgh colinton or Selkirk as an inmate then turns up in the death registers we know we have her. I would like to know her name and age so I can add her tomy tree, only fair she gave birth to him yet because of the circumstances she has not a reference as though she never existed. that is not right. please help of you can.
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet