Author Topic: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside...  (Read 22636 times)

Paul E

Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside...
« Reply #27 on: Friday 16 September 05 18:40 BST (UK) »
Now, Bob ... Benson & Hedges would never have got anywhere in their early days if they'd have had to tell the truth about the addictive nature of their product! :)   

Conifer, you take no notice of Bob.    He just needed an excuse for not ironing and cooking, and he found it here on Rootschat! ;)   Hope you enjoy your new addiction!

Paul

Offline liverpool annie

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside...
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 September 05 18:45 BST (UK) »

Paul E

Don't want to make you "big headed " or anything ....
but you were heard in Colorado USA  -
just in case you need that bit of info - for your website!!!!!! ::)

Annie  :P
Cooper : Muels : Howarth : Every : Price : King

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407030702/http://www.freewebs.com/liverpoolannie

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407191115/http://manchestersoldiers.webs.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20130807102055/http://www.powv.webs.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel -  because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ! Dr. Seuss

Erect no gravestone .... let the Rose every year bloom for his sake ! Rilke Sonnets to Orpheus, I

Paul E

« Reply #29 on: Friday 16 September 05 18:52 BST (UK) »
Paul E

Don't want to make you "big headed " or anything ....
but you were heard in Colorado USA -
just in case you need that bit of info - for your website!!!!!! ::)

Annie :P

Website? ??? ???

Which website would that be, Annie? ;)

Never realised Radio Merseyside had such an international following!

Reminds me of the 'International Festival of Art' I once visited at New Brighton.  A couple of pavement artists from Wales and a guy from Rock Ferry seemed to be the sum total of artistic contributions. :)

Paul

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside.
« Reply #30 on: Friday 16 September 05 21:46 BST (UK) »
Well that should get the numbers up quite a bit Paul, well done, a smashing interview, and I lurve yer scouse accent der lah!

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Conifer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 17 September 05 21:24 BST (UK) »
A you Paul!!!

You must have picked a bad day to visit New Brighton. You should know that there's plenty of talent around Merseyside.

And, yes Andy (Alan to you) Ball is a lovely feller - if it hadn't been for his programme you were featured on this week I wouldn't have ever known about rootschat.    I could at this moment  be eating, showering, ironing, having a face pack(!), instead I'm stuck here again.    Sod it, I've got a glass of wine and my cigs -I'll stay here a bit longer!!!!!      Great site.
Gavin.    Gynane
S.Ireland, Cheshire, Liverpool

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is there no end to this shameless plugging? This time its Radio Merseyside.
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 17 September 05 21:28 BST (UK) »
Ironing !!!!!   Wash your mouth out with soap and water !!!!

Haven't you seen this thread  ??
Topic: Computer Diva's Cleaning List
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,89419.0.html
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 18 September 05 16:25 BST (UK) »
 :D ;D :D ;D
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 18 September 05 20:11 BST (UK) »
Lloydy

Spot-on cartoon. 

I fried my BIOS Friday night, and am now using another computer to catch up.  But, between the BIOS accident and now, I've:

mown the lawn,
hoovered the cobwebs in the cellar (you think I'm joking don't you),
taken the bust BIOS pc in for repair,
gone to a party,
ferried my daughter here there and everywhere,
done the shopping

Any normal weekend would have been just the last two of these and, if lucky, one other from the preceeding list.

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 18 September 05 20:33 BST (UK) »
Well done, Paul, belatedly.  Just listened - you can still find it on the Radio Merseyside site - although it says it's the Thursday 15 September edition of the Roger Phillips show, not Friday.

Starting time is 2 hours 14 minutes 25 seconds (give or take a couple of seconds).

They said Video killed the radio star, but clearly not in this case!

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble