Author Topic: Dolobran, Montgomershire, Wales  (Read 21097 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Dolobran, Montgomershire, Wales
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 22:09 BST (UK) »

What an interesting thread!!

I'm a Lloyd (by marriage) and just starting out on my husband's family tree.  His grandmother gave all her 5 children her own name of Lloyd (simply because they all had different fathers!!! My father in law had a Malaysian father, but that's another story!!!).  So far, I haven't got any further back because I need to order grandma's birth certificate.  Verbal family history says that she came from Wales, so hopefully I will prove that. 

Wouldn't it be great if she was descended from your lot?!!!!

Just a final bit of interest, I was searching the internet about Dolobran and found this:
http://yba.llgc.org.uk/en/s-LLOY-DOL-1292.html

:) :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Remembering

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hi...very cool...it's a small world huh? You/your hubby could very well be of the same tree as us if your grandmother comes from Wales :)

thank you for that link, I'll check it out for sure :)

I got some family stuff from my brother (the geneologist) so if you find names from your past feel free to share them or send me a private message and I can look at what my brother gave me and see if we have the same commonality. :)

Gotta run for now...TTYS :)
Hamilton, Lloyd, Carpenter, Wales

Offline tjlloyd

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 November 09 22:09 GMT (UK) »
I come from the John Lloyd/Rebecca Ball line, but I was never able to get past John.  I was able to find a marriage record for the two of them in NJ in 1675, but never able to find his lineage.  My dad and I spent hours together trying to track him down, but never had any luck.  He passed away four years ago, and I lost all passion for the search.  I was bored today and decided to search on Benijah Lloyd (he was our favorite), so imagine my joy when I found this string!  My dad would be thrilled.  I would like to research further for him, so any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.  Does anyone have any additional information on John?

Offline Remembering

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 26 November 09 21:30 GMT (UK) »
My older brother is the family geneologist and has tons and tons of info but i'll dig up what I have and see if that may help you. Give me a few days...recently back to normal, whatever that is, and have some catching up to do in many areas but I will find what I have, promise :)
Hamilton, Lloyd, Carpenter, Wales

Offline masevans

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 02:08 GMT (UK) »
I know this is an old posting and is concerned primarily with the Lloyd Family, but I am interested mostly in the building itself.  I recently found a burial record for my GGG granddad died 1875.  it reads: "John Evans of Dolobran, turnpike porter, who was buried on the 22/4/1875 aged 79."

Burial ground is Pontrobert which is less than a mile from Dolobran Hall.

Does anyone know whether the building ever had any status as a turnpike toll house?

Many thanks

Mark

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 24 February 13 10:38 GMT (UK) »
I made up a tree some time ago which shows some of the Lloyds of Dolobran and their Quaker links. It also has Rowland Ellis of Bryn Mawr who gave that name to Bryn Mawr of Pennsylvania.

I will try and add a copy of the tree to this message.

David

Offline Tricia_2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • "Family ~ link to our past, bridge to our future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 December 13 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi :)

I was wondering if any males with direct male Lloyd ancestry (Y-DNA unbroken line) had had a Y-DNA test done? :)
Worcs / Glos: Neal Neale Jeynes Jeens Geans Harris Roper Ropier Colley Dyer Heeks Bayzand Hampton Bishop Cole Elton Littlehales McGowan
Glamorgam: Hampton Thornton Svombo Swambo Swanbo Keefe O Keefe Shanahan Shannon Doyle Maldoon Muldoon Davies Llewellyn Jones
Birmingham: Neale Sarjant Cole Hiley Berridge Tirebuck

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 27 December 13 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock