Author Topic: My Grandparents (Drozdowski) Poland - can anyone read Polish?  (Read 13002 times)

Offline Shaky120

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Grandparents (Drozdowski) Poland - can anyone read Polish?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Drozdowski, Anderson, McMurray, Callaghan

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Shaky120

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 18:46 GMT (UK) »
almost at the end of them will just keep posting.

Offline Shaky120

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 18:46 GMT (UK) »

Offline Shaky120

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 18:47 GMT (UK) »
i think thats them all, if theres anything else you can get out of any of the other translations would be grateful, and if i can return the favor in some way let me know ;)

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 19:45 GMT (UK) »
oldfoto1000 - „Na pamiątkę kochanemu bratu Władysławowi, Maria i Henio z dziećmi” - "In memory of beloved brother Władysław, Maria (Mary) and Henio (Henry) with children"

oldfoto1002 - “Drozdowski Kazimierz, na pamiątkę” - “Drozdowski Kazimierz, in remembrance”

oldfoto1005 - “Dżebal Mazar 21 IX 1942 Na pamiątkę Władysławowi” - “Jabal Al Mazar 21 September 1942 In memory of Wladyslaw” signature illegible

oldfoto2000 - “Kochanemu Dziadkowi i Babci, Darują swą podobiznę na pamiątkę, Marian i Janusz  Drozdowscy, Buków dnia 22 V 1950” - "Beloved Grandpa and Grandma, forgive his likeness, in remembrance, Marian i Janusz  Drozdowscy, Buków dnia 22 V 1950"

oldfoto2003 - "Posyłamy wam, na pamiątkę swą fotografię, Rodzice M Drozdowscy" - "We send you, in remembrance of his photograph, Parents M Drozdowscy"

oldfoto2004 - "Mosul, 10 I 1943, Na intencje miłego spotkania" - "Mosul, 10 I 1943, on the intentions nice meeting" signature illegible, the same as in oldfoto1005

Photographs very interesting, in my free time, I compare dates and locations of the route of the 2nd Corps - maybe I'll find something interesting.

Yours
Slavko

Offline Shaky120

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 20:23 GMT (UK) »
thanks slavko for all the time you have taken to look into this for me, as well as others who has helped, will try and add these names to the family tree and hopefully something will come up. ;)

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 21:24 GMT (UK) »
A few things to help in the search,
Polish female first names always end in -a
male first names ever.
In Polish surnames always transforms according to sex - eg. Drozdowski is always a man, a woman is always Drozdowska - marriage or family will always be written Drozdowscy. Surname also spelled differently when combined with verbs in the text.
Eg. Who do I see ?, Who am looking for? Drozdowskich   ;D

Drozdowski Surname may therefore be present in the Polish texts as:
Man: Drozdowski, Drozdowskiemu, Drozdowskim, Drozdowskiego,
The woman Drozdowska, Drozdowską, Drozdowskiej,
family / marriage (plural): Drozdowscy, Drozdowskich, Drozdowskimi, Drozdowskim
Drozdowski many forms and it is the same surname and the same applies to people. ;D
Looking for signs of the family in the documents you need to remember that.
Few surnames in Poland is not inflected according to gender. According verbs inflect all. Drozdowski the name of noble origin (which does not mean that the family had noble roots - in the 19th century, many people modified its name on the nobility), purely Polish inflected so in all of its forms. Surname comes from the bird - thrush (drozd) - specifically from the village who took the name of this bird. She could be called Drozdowo or Drozdów, its owner or the most important resident called Drozdowski.

From what you wrote in the first post family came from the area of Łuck - now it's not Poland, but Ukraine.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81uck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutsk

Grandfather probably was deported by the Russians to work or Russian concentration camp (Łagr - LAGRA). Russians came to this land on 17 September 1939, attacking us from behind when we fought with the Germans (Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact). Then the Russians took a lot of Polish military intelligence and east of Russia - Part killed, some died from hard work and bad conditions. In 1941, on the basis of the Sikorski-Maisky - General Anders began forming a Polish Army in the USSR - thus survived many Poles, Russians because they then released from prisons and camps. This army was then Persia (Iran) evacuated to the Middle East and became the basis of the 2nd Polish Corps. Most of the soldiers of the 2nd Corps had just such experiences with the Soviets - prison, hard work, camps etc. - that's why most of the soldiers of the 2nd Corps did not return to Poland after the war - because in Poland they were Russians - the Soviets.

Due to the fact that the pre-war eastern Polish lands are now in other countries, it will be hard to find something in the archives, because so much has been destroyed.

ps.
a lot of writing for my English - I helped myself google translator

Offline Shaky120

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 21:41 GMT (UK) »
thanks for all the helpful information, yeah i heard about the russian thing when i was a kid.
he really didnt like them ;p
i will try and search for each of the spelling of the name and hopefully come across something, would have been alot either if i knew his parents names were both correct ie marian & maria but trying each of the names we found as brothers or sisters i have came across a few but nothing has shown his name yet on ancestry at least.
will just need to keep trying or hope some of his other family look for him on rootchat sometime ;)

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 22:22 GMT (UK) »
I noticed that the translator, automatically turned into some Polish variety of names - corrected
it was about this text:
"Drozdowski Surname may therefore be present in the Polish texts as:
Man: Drozdowski, Drozdowskiemu, Drozdowskim, Drozdowskiego,
The woman Drozdowska, Drozdowską, Drozdowskiej,
family / marriage (plural): Drozdowscy, Drozdowskich, Drozdowskimi, Drozdowskim
Drozdowski many forms and it is the same surname and the same applies to people. ;D"