Author Topic: Maynes' of Omagh (and more specifically Tirquin)  (Read 2280 times)

Offline dlmaynes93

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maynes' of Omagh (and more specifically Tirquin)
« on: Sunday 21 July 13 20:05 BST (UK) »
I've been researching my ancestors from County Tyrone and am at the point where I think I've finally hit the wall as far as going further is concerned, so i guess I'll just see if anyone else has done similar research or can help me out.

I've got my great-great-grandparents Francis Maynes (c.1812-1878) who married Jane Keenan (1814-1877) in 1836. They lived in the township of Tirquin along with a Bernard Maynes and a Patrick Maynes who were born around 1830-36 but i am skeptical that they are the children of Francis and Jane as their other children were all born between 1844-1856.

I'm mainly intrigued on the relation between Francis and Bernard/Patrick, but am quite stumped. I guess it could be possible that they had more children between 36 and 44 that were not recorded.

There was also a Charles Maynes who owned land very close in a bordering township according to the Griffiths valuation but i haven't found anything else on him.

Does anyone know anything on the Maynes' of the Omagh area? Any help/info would be appreciated.

Offline WGA7263

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maynes' of Omagh (and more specifically Tirquin)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 18:21 GMT (UK) »
I have just seen your post about Tirquin. My great-great-grandfather Robert Armstrong had a long-term lease on 30 acres in Tirquin, and left there in 1863 at age 67 to migrate to Ohio in the USA.  He lived on Lot 14, which is next to Lot 15 where Bernard Mayne lived -- so our relatives were next-door neighbors. I see Patrick Mayne on Lot 18 and Francis Mayne on Lot 21. I'm sure we can find some connections. My GG Grandmother was Ann Mills Armstrong. Robert and Ann had nine children, all of whom eventually moved to America. I'd be very happy to compare notes and share what I have with you. Contact me on my email: billarmstrongjr at gmail.com
Please drop me a note!  Bill Armstrong