Author Topic: McMartin  (Read 2026 times)

Offline glenafton

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McMartin
« on: Sunday 30 September 07 00:46 BST (UK) »
My Grandfather was Perter McMartin,born 4th September,1875 in Kilmadock and my Grandmother was Jane Hunter Crooks,born 1st February 1888 in Bothwell Park.  My Grandfather was a coal miner and worked in the Fife area.   They had 5 children,Peter,Annie,my mother Catherine,Jessie and James.   My mother,was born at 29,Landale Terrace,Auchtertool and I believe that Catherine and Jessie were born there as well.  The whole family moved to Glasgow sometime in the 1920s.  I would be interested to hear from anyone with connections to the McMartins
Macnab  McMartin  Fulton

Offline Robert Pool

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McMartin
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 16:56 BST (UK) »
My Grandfather was Perter McMartin,born 4th September,1875 in Kilmadock and my Grandmother was Jane Hunter Crooks,born 1st February 1888 in Bothwell Park.  My Grandfather was a coal miner and worked in the Fife area.   They had 5 children,Peter,Annie,my mother Catherine,Jessie and James.   My mother,was born at 29,Landale Terrace,Auchtertool and I believe that Catherine and Jessie were born there as well.  The whole family moved to Glasgow sometime in the 1920s.  I would be interested to hear from anyone with connections to the McMartins

My father in law was James Robertson McMartin born 1925, died 1987. He married Violet Rose McDonald in 1950. Violet was born in 1927 and died a couple of months after James. Both came from the Maryhill area of Glasgow and moved to the Drumchapel area of Glasgow in the mid 1950s. They had three children, James who married Margaret Delaney and had two children - James and Carla. Peter (unmarried) and Hazel Margaret McMartin (my ex wife) - 1 child to James Reston - Chanel Reston who adopted the surname Pool when Hazel married Robert Pool; they had two children - Danielle De Lavelle Pool and Hazel McMartin Pool. Hazel McMartin had another child Andrew to Andrew McNee. James Robertson McMartin was the son of Peter McMartin and Jane Hunter Crooks. I know this information to be true as James told his family details in the mid 1980s when l first started to trace my family tree.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: McMartin
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert,

Glenafton's emails are not working at the moment, but I think that I have managed to get a message to him on another website. Hope to see him soon.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk