Author Topic: Cassidy`s in Humbie,Haddington & Edinburgh 19th century  (Read 26782 times)

Offline Templar75

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cassidy`s in Humbie,Haddington & Edinburgh 19th century
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 22:26 GMT (UK) »
St.ANDREWS ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH  DUNDEE

BAPTISM’S

Margaret Cassidy  Christening  10-4-1837, parents  Philip Cassidy and Mary Southwell.

Mary Ann Cassidy baptised 26-3-1835 ( She must have died and this child named after her ), Mary Ann Cassidy baptised 25-4-1836, Jane Cassiday baptised 25-3-1838, parents John Cassiday and Bridget Donaghie.

Margaret Cassady baptised 11-7-1825, parents Joseph Cassady and Ann no last name.

WilliamCassidy baptised 8-4-1829. Parents William Cassidy and Alice McDonald.

Barbara Cassidy baptised 13-11-1831, Eliza Cassidy baptised 6-1-1833, Mary Cassidy baptesed 21-6-1834,  Bridget Cassidy baptised 10-4-1836, parents Peter Cassidy and Eliza Kitchen. ( Also Elizabeth ).

Bridget Cassidy baptised 11-6-1837, parents Charles Cassidy and Margaret McDonald.

KIRRIEMUIR, ANGUS

Hi Evelyn, this is a shorter list, we still have Stirling to cover, the matches found may be Philip but I am not sure on that.

Cheers.

Archie.

MARRIAGE

John Cassidy married Isabella Wilkie , Oct 1837.

LIFF BENVIE AND INVERGOWRIE, ANGUS.

MARRIAGES

Elisabeth Cassady married Richard Sample 18-12-1852.

Elisabeth Cassady married Henry Allwood 25-1-1851.

Offline cassbart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Archie,
I hope to arrange to go down to the nearest Family History Centre in Portsmouth sometime next week which has I believe some Irish ( specifically Cloone & Aughavas parishes) from whence my family came originally. I will  let you know how I get on.
Best wishes Evelyn.

Offline patrickjpollock

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 09 August 13 16:33 BST (UK) »
Felix cassidy born in ireland in 1827 who first appears in the 1851 census for Humbie married to Marry ann listed as a farm servant was my great great great great grandfather, through his son James, married to Helen, then their son Francis, married to margaret Flynn, then their daughter Annie Cassidy who's son Patrick Crowe was my grandfather.
I have only recently begun researching this and found felix, however family legend has it that this first cassidy came to scotland when he was very young from Donegal.
Like you i have not been able to find a death cert for Felix or an irish birth cert.
I would be very interested in talking to you further about this and am keen to trace his origin, if it is indeed in Leitrim

Offline mamad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 10 August 13 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

Had a look at the MIs for the East Lothian cemeteries/kirkyards that I have.

Ormiston Old Churchyard

By John Cassidy
Wife, Bridget Clyne died 22/05/1907 aged 52 years
Also mentioned daughters Catherine and Elizabeth and grandson John Cassidy - no dates given

Hope this helps. Notice you say, some family may have moved to West Lothian. Have West Lothian burial registers to 1975. If you want me to look them up, give me names and dates.

Mags

Offline mamad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 10 August 13 10:33 BST (UK) »
Me again,

Should have read all the posts before I posted. Just noticed Archie posted Haddington marriage for the family in Ormiston Old Churchyard.

John Cassiday married Bridget Clines 21-5-1874

Mags

Offline cassbart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 05 September 13 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You are sharing the same family research with myself and another who is a direct descendent of the father of Felix Cassidy. Would you like to share information with us.

Offline NewZealand

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 06 September 13 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi PATRICKJPOLLOCK,   I read your message on  cassbart's site and I have lots of information on this line of Cassidys. In fact I am your grandfather's cousin Catherine Coyle now Cathie Stevenson.
I think you may be wrong about your four times great grandfather, Felix and James were brothers and their parents were John and Ann(Reynolds)  Felix and Mary Ann's son James married Margaret Dignall.  I am so pleased to find your message, If my memory serves me well I remember your Mum was an nurse in Edinburgh. It would be good to catch up and I have photos of your Grandfather and your Great Grandmother who was my Auntie Annie and my Godmother. I live in North Berwick and my Email address *

* Removed email address in line with RootsChat policy, please use Personal Message (PM) system to communicate, please.

Hope to hear from you. Cathie