Author Topic: Seeking family of Mary Margaret Clare born1932 named changed to Margaret Mary  (Read 28440 times)

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking family of Mary Margaret Clare born1932 named changed to Margaret Mary
« Reply #126 on: Friday 04 July 14 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi just come off the phone to the office the Mary Clare is my nanny but it's when she registered her self :) and the Margaret Clare is defo her  mum as it's the right address solo good news just need to see when Margaret Clare died to see if it links to my nanny :) thank u every one

Offline DClare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking family of Mary Margaret Clare born1932 named changed to Margaret Mary
« Reply #127 on: Saturday 06 September 14 00:22 BST (UK) »
Aimee86, I just stumbled on your chat through Google and as a result joined rootschat - I have only skimmed the chat and need to sit down a read it properly.
I am sorry for your recent loss and wish so much I had found this chat earlier.
My grandad was Thomas Leo Clare  (1903-1976) and my nan was Eva Hollingsworth (1912? - 2002, she always lied about her age! and she changed her name to Mary when her sister Mary  died!). Michael (known to the British army as Thomas) was my dad's beloved uncle Mick. My dad, Tommy was their first child, Mary and Cathy were born in Ireland then Tom and Eva had three more boys after moving to Birmingham. My dad died in 1985 but all his siblings are still alive. If you are up to carrying on with your search please get in touch, I've done a bit myself and might be able to clear some things up; and I have photos of "Miss Mary Farrell and Miss Margeret Clare" as kids and of Mick, as well as his army papers that my dad had.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Saturday 06 September 14 01:03 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat. I'm sure that Aimee will be thrilled that you found this site and that you are related to her. She doesn't seem to have been here since July, but hopefully will get email notification that there is a message for her.

As you read the thread, you will see how complicated it was, but I hope we managed to sort it out in the end. If you think we were wrong in any way, please let us know. It is just such a shame that it ended how it did for Aimie.

In case you missed it, you also need to read this thread as it is the start of our search for Aimee's nan

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=690828.0
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DClare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Sunday 07 September 14 21:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Groom, I hadn't seen the earlier chat, you are very kind.

Offline Aimee1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Friday 19 August 16 05:08 BST (UK) »
Hi it's aimee86 I am back on my search I arrived in Dublin 6am yesterday morning but forgot all my paper I then remember this website .. I couldn't be more happier  :)

Offline Aimee1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Friday 19 August 16 05:09 BST (UK) »
Aimee86, I just stumbled on your chat through Google and as a result joined rootschat - I have only skimmed the chat and need to sit down a read it properly.
I am sorry for your recent loss and wish so much I had found this chat earlier.
My grandad was Thomas Leo Clare  (1903-1976) and my nan was Eva Hollingsworth (1912? - 2002, she always lied about her age! and she changed her name to Mary when her sister Mary  died!). Michael (known to the British army as Thomas) was my dad's beloved uncle Mick. My dad, Tommy was their first child, Mary and Cathy were born in Ireland then Tom and Eva had three more boys after moving to Birmingham. My dad died in 1985 but all his siblings are still alive. If you are up to carrying on with your search please get in touch, I've done a bit myself and might be able to clear some things up; and I have photos of "Miss Mary Farrell and Miss Margeret Clare" as kids and of Mick, as well as his army papers that my dad had.

Hi please please please could you get in touch with me as I think you are some one we are looking for  xx

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Friday 19 August 16 09:34 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you again, Aimee, it doesn't seem possible that it was 2 years ago that we were all working on this thread.

Have you managed to get anywhere with your search for the truth?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aimee1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Friday 19 August 16 10:23 BST (UK) »
Yes two years it's gone so so quick , i have come to Dublin we are meeting the 3 daughters of the man we think is her father so I'm hoping they no something more we are going to the area she grew up to see if anyone Nos more its a lot harder without nanny as I can't go bk to ask anythin so just goin off info I have ,and the lady who msged above I have msged her and I think she is the connection I need everything matches I'm so happy  :D

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Friday 19 August 16 11:03 BST (UK) »
Yes two years it's gone so so quick , i have come to Dublin we are meeting the 3 daughters of the man we think is her father so I'm hoping they no something more we are going to the area she grew up to see if anyone Nos more its a lot harder without nanny as I can't go bk to ask anythin so just goin off info I have ,and the lady who msged above I have msged her and I think she is the connection I need everything matches I'm so happy  :D
Just sent you a PM which may help.