Author Topic: Booths of Tong  (Read 2402 times)

Offline cloongoonagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Booths of Tong
« on: Sunday 29 July 12 11:06 BST (UK) »
I am searching for birth/baptism of John Booth of Tong near Bradford. He married Martha Oddy 17.12.73. She was buried 8.9.1806 and he on 10.1.1795. Both buried in Tong. John was a blacksmith. Any info would be good as I have followed all the usual on line sites and will have to hope Bfd Library can help as a last result if no one out there can help.

Offline Spellcaster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes spuri
    • View Profile
Re: Booths of Tong
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 July 12 13:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there i am connected to a branch of the Oddy's of Tong through my wife.whose grandfather Clifford Booth  married an Agnes Oddy 1893-1971.
Agnes parents were James Oddy 1852 and Elizabeth Oddy 1854.
James Oddys parents were George Oddy  1820- 1874 and Fanny Pickard 1824- 1890.
George Oddys parents were Thomas Oddy 1791- 1860 and Elizabeth( Betty) Wood 1789- 1871.
If you are a member of Ancestry.com you can look up the beardsley tree.
they will no doubt be connected possible one generation further back because there were more Oddys in tong than fleas on a dog.
If you care to look at our tree and work out where your branch of the family descend from it might be that whilst I dont think We have any helpful information to assist you, you might have some that will assist me.
Do you have a tree online.?
If you like coincidence I joined rootschat today and the first question at the top of the beginners section was yours.
Had I logged in 2 minutes later your thread would not have been showing and I would have bypassed it altogether.
Best regards.

Offline cloongoonagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 July 12 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,tanks for our rapid reply. No I dont have a tree on line. I do have a fairly extensive Oddy tree given to me by a Booth . I am really stuck with Marthas husband John Booths birth date and cant press on til I get it. I cannot vouch for its accuracy of the Oddy chart but it may help you. Do you live in Bradford I could drop it off to you.  Good luck, judith. ;)

Offline Spellcaster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 July 12 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith, no I  live in Hull now you can email me direct at   (*) If you email me direct I will provide you with my phone number and we can liase a way of getting your Oddy tree,  regards   dierck

Moderator comment: email address removed in accordance with Rootschat policies to prevent spam and other internet abuses. Please exchange this information through the personal message system. Click on the green scroll under the avatar to access the system

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 21:47 BST (UK) »
Tong bmd records can be viewed on the calverley website 8)
For those not familiar: www.calverleyinfo.com
 Regards Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline cloongoonagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 August 12 09:00 BST (UK) »
Many thanks C.L.already tried that site found a couple of booth not able to match up with the man I am looking for. If I used one of them it would have meant that my Booth would have been in his 40s when he married. Not impossible I know but a bit unusual. I am wondering if he moved into the area from elsewhere.
Thank you for your advice. :D

Offline cloongoonagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 May 14 16:20 BST (UK) »
hi, sorry been off line for nearly a year. Are you still interested?

Offline Spellcaster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 May 14 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith,
I haven't done much on the Booth side of my tree for quite a bit  as i am currently delving deeply into the Fernandes side of my tree. I would certainly like to get a copy of your tree. I tried to send you my email address but they cut it.  It seems it has to be done through the Private messages.
I didn't realise there even was a PM section.
I will try to PM you with my email.

Offline cloongoonagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 29 June 14 11:23 BST (UK) »
hi spellcaster, cant find PM section so sorry looks like I cant help you. would be helpful if you could give me a clue.Judith.