Author Topic: Thomas Isaac Brett  (Read 4644 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Isaac Brett
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 February 11 17:33 GMT (UK) »
when someone disappears from the census record for a time,,,i always have a look in the service records for them,,,,,,found a Thomas Brett b 1869 hampshire,,,had a look at the record,,,it looked like it was your man   ;D
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mundell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 February 11 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks again for the interesting info.  Good tip.  Will use it for one or two other family members who seem to have gone astray - also for my husband's family. New to Rootschat.  Just learning how to use it and just how helpful the contacts are.

Best wishes 

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 February 11 22:48 GMT (UK) »
When men are missing I always search Service documents on line,
< http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/default.asp >
Ann
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline buxton123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 October 14 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary,
I'm also researching Thomas Isaac Brett on behalf of a lady who, like you, is his grandaughter. Any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

with thanks

Carol

Offline Mundell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Carol.  What a surprise to have your post.

I am interested to know which granddaughter you are assisting.  Would she allow me to know?  My father was John Reginald, the third child of Thomas Isaac Brett and Florence Sarah Flint.

It has been an age since I worked on this family research.  However, I have some considerable information so more specific questions might assist.

Best wishes for discoveries.  Mary

Offline buxton123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary,

How nice to hear from you. I'm going away for a couple of weeks, so I won't be seeing her until the end of November. She mentioned Benjamin to me, whose parents were John and Susannah, and I'm wondering if he was your brother?

with thanks and best wishes

Carol

Offline Mundell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 30 October 14 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.

A quick message.  I know of no Benjamin, or married couple John and Suzanna.  That is not my brother's name.  My older sister may know more, so in your absence I will speak with her.

It may help if your 'client', who says she is a granddaughter, would name her parents as I met most of my father's siblings, and many of their family.  I have contact with a great granddaughter, whose father, (and therefore another grandchild), is still alive and alert.

perhaps for confidentiality, you may wish to convey this information via a rootschat personal message.

Enjoy you time away, and I await your next message on your return.  Regards Mary.

Offline buxton123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 November 14 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mary,

My client is Daphne Ann Mason (nee Brett).Her parents were Norman and Kathleen Brett. Norman was the youngest child of Thomas and Florence. She would be interested in any family information that you might like to share.

with thanks

Carol

Offline Mundell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello Carol.  I, too, have been away and am pleased to have your message upon my return.

I remember Daphne, and her two younger sisters, well.  Also Norman and Kath. We visited the family at Portsmouth and also saw each other at Worthing. Lovely memories. I must tell my sister, Audrey, about this contact.

So that confirms that this Thomas Isaac Brett is a true family connection.  He was also known as Thomas Inchchoff Brett, (as on his marriage certificate), and Thomas Inchicoff Brett, (as on my father's birth certificate), so he obviously assumed a different middle name at some stage.

I have a considerable amount of information about Thomas which I am willing to share, but too much to share in one go, or here.  Rather than duplicate what you may already have, it would be helpful if you could ask for specific details by sending a 'personal message' for us to continue.

Please give my regards to Daphne. Mary