Author Topic: Margaret Ogg b 1868 Keith  (Read 2506 times)

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Ogg b 1868 Keith
« on: Friday 11 July 14 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Margaret Ogg was the illegitimate daughter of Isabella McRobert. She was born, and registered as Margaret McRobert, 5th December in Keith.

In the 1871 census she is recorded in the home of my gg grandmother Margaret McRobert in Land Street, Keith and in 1881 she is again with my gg grandmother but this time is shown as a visitor and general servant domestic, this time in Enzie.

Her mother Isabella, who was a half sister of my gg grandmother, married James Gall in 1870 and had several children with him.

I have recently found an article in the Aberdeen Journal from 1872 which sadly shows that Isabella was prosecuted for assaulting her illegitimate daughter Margaret Ogg. Isabella was fined £5 (prison was the alternative) because of her previous good character.

After the 1881 census I cannot find any records in the census or marriages/ deaths for Margaret Ogg. Any help in finding out what happened to her would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Ogg b 1868 Keith
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 July 14 23:56 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for her under McRobert rather than Ogg?

SP shows several marriages under both surnames between 1886-1891 - have you viewed them all?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Ogg b 1868 Keith
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 July 14 00:09 BST (UK) »
I have tried McRobert and its variations like McRobbie and searched using possible variations of her forename but have drawn a blank. She just seems to disappear.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)