Author Topic: OLIVER/FREEMAN/GREGG families - Kidderminster  (Read 3285 times)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
OLIVER/FREEMAN/GREGG families - Kidderminster
« on: Saturday 23 July 11 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone else is researching the Oliver, Gregg, or Freeman Families of Kidderminster ?
This is my interest -
Bertha Euphemia Oliver was born in 1903, daughter of Bertha and William Henry Oliver.
The family were in the Carpet Trade, and spent some time in Ayr, Scotland, returning to Kidderminster in the late 1920's
Bertha married Joseph E Freeman in Kidderminster in 1938.
She later married Denis Gregg in the 1960's.

Would be very happy to swap info etc  :) :) :) :)

capital removed from title

Offline Christine Quinton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: OLIVER/FREEMAN/GREGG families - Kidderminster
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 August 14 23:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
   I think William and Bertha are my great great grandparents
  My sister did some research and came up with the same people , my father and grandfather were in the carpet industry in fact most of our family were, I still am . I know they went to Scotland, my grandfather married a Scottish lady. My grandfather's name was William Henry  Oliver my father's name was William Oliver , my grandmother's name was Isabella Evans Russell from Falkirk . Hope this helps in some way . regards Christine x

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 August 14 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi
  My sister did some research and came up with the same people , my father and grandfather were in the carpet industry in fact most of our family were, I still am . I know they went to Scotland, my grandfather married a Scottish lady. My grandfather's name was William Henry  Oliver my father's name was William Oliver , my grandmother's name was Isabella Evans Russell from Falkirk . Hope this helps in some way . regards Christine x

Hi Christine, Yes, this is a match to my research, will be very happy to swap info

Offline Christine Quinton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 August 21 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Hi Christine, Yes, this is a match to my research, will be very happy to swap info

Can you Email me with any info please that you might have regarding the oliver / Sciven family from Alveley.    William and Berths were my great or great great grandparents thank you