Author Topic: Keaber  (Read 4309 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Keaber
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 22:47 BST (UK) »
Mmmm.

Someone has a tree on Anc* with Henry as father.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 May 14 11:30 BST (UK) »
Without purchasing the marriage cert I won't know unless someone can look at the PR, as I don't expect that the person has a cited record with image attached.

However even with a records people wrote all sorts of things which were not true, one of my great grandfathers his records took me 15 years to work out and I still do not really know who his father was really so the person I suspect I have researched his tree and the father named I have research his tree too. Another line and great grandparent I have all her records she generated during her lifetime with several ages, I only know her real age from her birth cert/baptism record, the rest fluctuate by 20 years, she married an older man and clearly wanted to be thought of as nearer to his age and clearly something that happens in that line as 10 yrs ago a great aunt died and only when they found her birth cert did they know she was 25 years younger than she had always claimed to be, as my granddad used to say " nowt so funny as folk"
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 May 14 13:35 BST (UK) »
Hi.

George's father is noted as William on certificate.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 May 14 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi.

George's father is noted as William on certificate.

Sandy

George who married Sarah Sykes? So Mary Keaber's child born in 1851?
I get so confused when they call their children the same names over the different generations!

It looks like Mary's brother Thomas also had a George :P

Just a simple job of tidying up and look what it has got me into ;D

So if a William Keaber ( or varients) is written as father ( could be spurious, might not be)  then I need to research John Keaber ( Mary's father) and see what siblings he had he may have a brother William who may have had a George ???

Thanks Sandy
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 May 14 18:04 BST (UK) »
Mmmm.

Someone has a tree on Anc* with Henry as father.

Sandy

Just found out Mary later married a Henry Arthur in 1856 I have found 3 children of theirs William, Charlotte and Sarah born 1860-68, so that maybe where Henry is from

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 May 14 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

I have just looked at some orders I have and there was a Bastardy Order made
on a Mary Kerber of Pitsford against William Ore  12th Oct 1850 at Northampton.

On the marriage certificate for George it stated William a Groom (also George'
profession).

On the 1851 Census Skeffington  there is a William Ore visiting Skeffington Hall
aged 30 a groom.

Maybe something to keep in mind.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 May 14 19:07 BST (UK) »
The details for Mary's marriage from the Northants Marriage Indexes.

Northampton St. Sepulchre   
13-Oct 1856
Henry ARTHUR otp, [Bull Lane], bachelor, of full age, labourer, father George Daniel Arthur, labourer to
Mary KEBER otp, [Regent Square], spinster, of full age, father John, labourer

Sandy               

Census Crown Copyright

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 May 14 19:22 BST (UK) »
You are a poppet Sandy thank you