Author Topic: monfamilies  (Read 6576 times)

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: monfamilies
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 January 13 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gerry, I will try that

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 January 13 22:47 GMT (UK) »
I tried the above site but have decided not to join. Other people reading this might like to know why. This is the email received

'Before approving your membership, we would like to know a little bit about you and your interests.

Can you please give me full names, places and dates of the people in which you are interested?  What is your Family History experience and are you a member of other groups?  How did you hear about our group?

Please give your real name and where you live, it will not be posted; we are trying to avoid spammers.  For example, I’m Paul Berndt and live in Port Clinton, OH USA.

Also, have you done record transcriptions, are you skilled with Excel and would you be interested in assisting with transcribing records.  This has no impact on you becoming a member but we could use transcription help in the future.'

I do not like giving my real name and where I live to people and sites I do not know and wonder what interest someone has in running a group about Monmouthshire from the USA.

Forgive me if I am being oversuspicious. Also when I clicked on the link above it welcomed me with my email address used by family & friends which is NOT the one I use on this site or any other on-line site such as this.

Offline philsearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 January 13 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, The new site is not only run by Paul. It is jointly run by a number of owners. Paul is there for membership requests whilst also helping with research. The site is MonGenes and is a rekindled Monfamilies. The owners were partners of Mike John until he threw all the toys out of his pram and is not a part of the new site. They have access to most if not all the old site records and are still adding. Finally it's a very friendly group and what's more, FREE. Hope this helps generate new members, Phil
My email address is not working - sorry

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 January 13 13:19 GMT (UK) »
thank you for your reply Phil. I understand a bit better now. I think I will leave joining for now and come back to it when I am back into research for that side of my family.

At least now everyone who may read this will know a little more about the site before they jopin.