Author Topic: ELIZABETH CULLEN  (Read 9759 times)

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ELIZABETH CULLEN
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 02:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sean,
     Like you I suspect Alexander & John Cullen are brothers.
     Found this on ScotlandsPeople, Will & Testaments.
     Alexander Cullen, 21/12/1853, Blacksmith, Residing in Aberdeen.
                               Aberdeen Sheriff Court Inventories, SC1/36/33. 10 Credits to view. (9 pages)
     Alexander Cullen, 21/12/1853, Blacksmith, Residing in Aberdeen.
                               Aberdeen Sheriff Court Wills, SC1/37/33. 10 Credits to view. (7 pages)
     Also Inventories/Wills 11/11/1845 for William Cullen/Charlotte Gordon, Woodside, Aberdeen.

Couldn't find marriage for James Cullen & Euphemia Ross but Alexander Cullen & Margaret Anderson married 21st Aug, 1803 at Dyce, Aberdeen.

Search on Anc**try came up with these:
     John Cullen born 16th Dec, 1822 at Old Machar, Aberdeen. Son of John Cullen & Jean Elmsley.
     John Cullen born 12th July, 1789 at Strathdon, Aberdeen. Son of James Cullen & Effie Ross.
          Also:
     John Cullen born 13 Sep, 1794 at Strathdon, Aberdeen. Son of Will. Cullen & Charlotte Gordon. Wonder if the 2 Johns born Strathdon are cousins.

Regards,     Dod.

"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline derekseanbrown

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes Dod, Elizabeth Cullen b1817, John Cullen b1789 and James Cullen are a direct line of descent. Those Wills and Testaments of Alexander Cullen look extremely promising (right name, right death date and right profession). I am not a member of SP but maybe I should join up. The wedding of Alexander and Margaret in 1803 was followed with the birth of Mary 1804 (IGI)

thanks
Sean

Scotland:Aberdeen:BROWN,COUTTS,CULLEN,TAYLOR
England:Gloucestershire:CAMERY,SHAIL,PERRYMAN
England:Woolwich:Plumstead:BROWN,MARKHAM,QUADLING
England:Gloucestershire:Stroud:HOGG,GARDNER,WRIGHT
England:Worcestershire:BROWN,LANNI(e), BRIDGES
Ireland:Dublin:(O')CONNOR,MULLEN,KANE

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sean

SP is only on a pay to view basis, not a subs like a/try. You can register for free and do general searches without having to buy units.

Not so good not having a subs when you are fishing around on censuses, but when you are looking to view immediately and download BMDs and wills for example, it is brilliant value. You get 30 units for £7GB. It will cost 10 units x 2 to view the will entries, regardless on the number of pages.

Viewing BMDs costs 5 units, plus 1 more for the search. You can view up to 5 BMDs and download for £7/30 units, which is great value compared when having to order one cert via the GRO.

Warn you, it can and does become addictive being able to view everything immediately... ;)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk