Author Topic: Hughes's Gwernaffield. (Again)  (Read 2428 times)

Offline par50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hughes's Gwernaffield. (Again)
« on: Friday 09 August 13 05:22 BST (UK) »
Hi I was wondering if any-one could check a Marriage in 1854 at Gwernaffield between a Griffith Hughes and an Ann Hughes. I have found Griffith on the 1851 census with a wife Elizabeth. and 3 children Mary 1839. Jane 1846. and Ellis 1850. It has Griffith as born in Cilcen. 1814. But then I cheked Ellis on the 1861 census and his is in Pantymwyn with a Widow Anne Hughes. Could Griffiths 1st wife have died and he married Ann??? this is what I am trying to work out. If I knew the Parents of Ann it would be a great help. also unable to find a death for Griffith.  Pam J.

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes's Gwernaffield. (Again)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 August 13 06:06 BST (UK) »
I think this is the one at Gwernaffield Chapel in parish of Mold -listed under Bistre
23 Oct 1854 Ann Hughes and Griffith Hughes - both of full age and both fathers Thomas Hughes .  Griffith's was a blacksmith and Ann's was a labourer

Griffith was a widower and miner from Cefnbychan and Ann from Pantybiarth

Witnesses Thomas Davies and Jane Francis.  Both Ann and Griffith made their mark

Kay

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 August 13 06:17 BST (UK) »
Previous marriage in the same parish of Griffith Hughes and Elizabeth Jones on 11 July 1836 both single - witnesses Richard Hughes and Martha Lloyd

Kay

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 August 13 06:27 BST (UK) »
There is a burial of a Griffith Hughes aged 47 at the nearby Cilcain in July 1857, He was living at Lynn y Pandy

Kay

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 August 13 06:39 BST (UK) »
There is a burial of an Elizabeth Hughes at Cilcain aged 34 in 12 July 1853.  She was living at Tanylan Ifsaf Mold

Kay

Offline par50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 August 13 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Kay. Thank you so much for the info on these 2. It definately sounds like this is the right Ann. and Griiffith & Elizabeth were living at Tan y Lan. on the 1851 census. Ann's father was a Thomas Hughes. Once again Many Thanks. Pam