Author Topic: Conlons buried in graveyard in Tang  (Read 13434 times)

Offline Tom Conlon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Conlons buried in graveyard in Tang
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 November 12 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Fr Colm Conlon is indeed alive and well and living in California, Liam is indeed on the family farm at Lisdisson.  Their mother was Lily (not Anne) Ganly.  Peter Conlon (1858-1945), schoolmaster Tubberclair was Joe's uncle and my grandfather.  Joe's father was Patrick Conlon, Peter Conlon's brother.  The parents of Patrick and Peter was Hugh Conlon and Anne Cormick, and they lived at Corbrack, Tang, a tiny townland between Tang church and Tang school.  Peter Conlon commenced his teaching career at Tang school as a "monitor" aged about 16.  Hugh's land-holding of 32 acres can be seen in the Griggith's Valuation which is online and includes a map showing his holding.  I believe the father of Hugh Conlon was John Conlon.  His (John's) record of tax assessment can be seen in the Tithe Applotment Books of 1829 which are available online at familysearch.org

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Conlons buried in graveyard in Tang
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 November 12 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Tom! Are you Hallmark? Sorry, I knew Lilly was Joe's mom. Lilly's mom was Ann Conlon and my grandfather Michael Conlon's sister. Your Peter the school master was his school teacher! He sounded like an impression man for his day! Are you familiar with the O'Sheas from Glasson? They are my first cousins and grandchildren of Michael Conlon as well! Again feel free to check out my Ancestry tree! Thanks again for your help! I appreciate it! Bob