Author Topic: llanelian yn rhos  (Read 3323 times)

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
llanelian yn rhos
« on: Monday 10 March 14 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Can any body tell me where to go after 1720 parish records. I am looking for John and Elizabeth Roberts of Tynewydd near Llanrhos. I don't seem to be able to find a marriage for john and Elizabeth Roberts and any burial. Under llanelian yn rhos parish records Thomas born 1725 to parents john and Elizabeth Roberts of tynewydd, I have found some of their children their dates run from 1722 to 1733. I have looked under Llannsaffraid glan Conway as I was led to believe these to parishes where combined, but I don't know what date. If you can help it would be appreciated thankyou for your time.
lynne

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: llanelian yn rhos
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 March 14 11:51 GMT (UK) »
I assume you mean   "....before 1720..."
There is a marriage record at NLW under Marriage Bonds  St Asaph(diocese) (1701-1750) for John Roberts,yeoman,and Elizabeth Davies June 21 1721 at Llaneilian yn Rhos (or LLandrillo yn Rhos).

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 March 14 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Also at NLW there is a 1729 will of Owen Roberts,Ty Newydd,Llaneilian,Denbigh(i.e. County of Denbigh) that looks relevant.His first beneficiary,amongst many,is his son John.

Regards
Roger

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger,
Can you please tell me what NLW is, and I have found Hughs parents also. thankyou for your help.
Regards
Lynne

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 03:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger,
Not sure if Owen is mine, according to the parish records john Roberts of Tynnewydd is a labourer.
I saw Owen in the parish records I have noted his burial being 11 March 1727, just in case he is mine.
Regards
Lynne

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 07:58 GMT (UK) »
NLW is The National Library of Wales.
Marriage bonds can be searched here:

http://isys.llgc.org.uk

and wills here:

http://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon?skin=profeb&lng=en

Regards
Roger

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 March 14 04:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger, Sorry I must have been having a senior moment, I realised after it was north wales library.
I can work the will site but not the marriage bonds site.
I have stumbled on a marriage for john Roberts and Elizabeth Thomas 21 feb 1716 denigh, this was the one I was trying to trace. I have research Elizabeth Thomas and found she was born 24 nov 1689 Llandudno, which seem promising. Hughs brothers re 1841 census were living at Holland lower Llandudno and also Prinfenells upper Llandudno and Hughs father William died at tynewydd towyn llanrhos. It seems that the male line is under Conway parish records and the female line is under Gyffin as the females seem to live in a place called Llangelynin. We know also that Williams father Thomas was also born at Tynewydd to parents of John and Elizabeth Roberts of tynewydd and Thomas wife Ann Jones was born in Llanglynin and that Thomas drowned in the river Conway a old sailor. I also know that one of Thomas sons re 1851 census was a publican in Tynewydd and was born Llandudno. I don't know if you know the areas I am in, I can just remember walking along the water front at colwyn bay and then to the shops at Llandudno. So going back to john and Elizabeth Thomas this marriage sounds promising if I can possibly find anymore info and then Try to find johns birthplace. Thankyou for your time
Regards
Lynne

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 March 14 08:18 GMT (UK) »
To find the marriage bond:
Under "Select a database" choose the third button("marriage bonds")
Use the search term-Roberts John
Search
Scroll down the results to Llanelwy/St Asaph  1701-1750 Dynion/Men and and click on this.
Select "First hit" and then scroll down to view records highlighted.

It seems to me without knowing full details that the marriage I selected best fitted your criteria and the timing of the children's baptisms

Regards
Roger

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 March 14 06:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger,
thankyou for the info. I agree with you Elizabeth davies is a good choice, but I have two queries,
firstly the parish records for john Roberts says he is a labourer, and secondly my parish records for llanelian yn rhos finish at 1720, so there could be more children, that I cant find.
I looked at Elizabeth Davies born 1702 to Thomas and Dorothy Davies, if that is the one it makes her 19 when she got married. Elizabeth Thomas born 1689 Llandudno iif the marriage of 1716 is right it makes her 27. Which brings in John Roberts, the only john I can find and that's looking under Caervonshire and Denighshire is john born 1675 in llansaffraid glan Conway to parent Hugh Roberts and Gwen Lloyd, if Elizabeth davies is the right one that makes john 27 years older than her, and if Elizabeth Thomas is right it makes john 14 years older, so which way to turn. Any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou for your time and patience with me.
Regards
lynne