Author Topic: Mansell family 1901  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Mansell family 1901
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 November 08 22:12 GMT (UK) »
No, I've tried, I think that piece 2877 must be missing from ancestry, which is why we couldn't find them.

Barbara  :-\
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 November 08 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Okay thankyou Barbara very gratefull for your help in having a go.I am happy I have all the details now.Billy
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline AnnieFi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 July 14 23:44 BST (UK) »
I am new to this site and spotted that you were looking at Arthur Thomas Mansell and brother Harold. Just curious as to why as Arthur was my grandfather.

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 July 14 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie.

Arthur's father Thomas who married Lydia Washbrook was the brother of James who is my grandfather Charles's grandfather.If you can work that out if I have explained it so it is readable.So you are my dad's(he is 90) third cousin.

I have quite a large Mansell family Tree and its nice to speak to a relation.

Alan

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 July 14 00:35 BST (UK) »
I know  Arthur Thomas was born 17/3/1897 and Bapt. 20/6/1897 Water Orton Parish Church.
I have him passed away in 1976 in Warwickshire but I don't know who he married or who his children are.

i found him in Water Orton in 1901 and in Nuneaton in 1911.

I also know his siblings (Harold,Mabel and Thomas) when they were Born,Baptised,Married and when they Died.

Alan

Offline AnnieFi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 July 14 19:41 BST (UK) »
I know  Arthur Thomas was born 17/3/1897 and Bapt. 20/6/1897 Water Orton Parish Church.
I have him passed away in 1976 in Warwickshire but I don't know who he married or who his children are.

i found him in Water Orton in 1901 and in Nuneaton in 1911.

I also know his siblings (Harold,Mabel and Thomas) when they were Born,Baptised,Married and when they Died.
Arthur Thomas Mansell was married to Violet Louisa Furley.  They had 3 children, Denis Raymond who died in August 2011, Arthur Roy who was born 6.1.26 and died 8.11.11 (my dad) and Betty who is still with us. 
Arthur Thomas was a Railway Inspector who settled in Water Orton around about the 1940's as I know he was a fire watcher during the War.  As you say he died in Water Orton, Warwickshire in 1976.  Both Gran and Grandad were cremated with their ashes interred in St.Peter's Churchyard, Water Orton.  Dad was buried in Water Orton Old Churchyard following his death.  My mum was Barbara Skillleter prior to their marriage in mid 1950's in Water Orton.  I was born in 1960 and my brother, Andrew in 1963.  Sadly my brother passed away in July 2013 and is also buried in Water Orton Old Churchyard.

Alan