Author Topic: Ring Hurd  (Read 1250 times)

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ring Hurd
« on: Thursday 27 February 14 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Researching the life and activities of the printer, Ring Hurd in Shaftesbury.  Have a certain amount of detail (birth, marriages, death) but lack that of his family - father, mother, siblings. Do know that his father was named Philip...

Any detail gratefully received.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Hurd
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 February 14 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Lots of work was done for you before
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=659285.msg5049782#msg5049782

Why a new thread?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 February 14 08:45 GMT (UK) »
1.  I'm afraid that I lost all material except some paper notes last summer in a domestic disaster...

2.  I don't recall being quite so specific as to Hurd's family.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 February 14 08:54 GMT (UK) »
If you click on the link I gave it will take you to the previous thread with all the info that was found then.

If you have found new info since then, probably best to put it on that thread and conitinue where we left off, rather than start a new one and run the risk of people spending time searching for what has already been found, or else constantly having to refer back to the other thread.
Did you ever save up the pennies to look at Philips Will?
If not, then I think it is now available on Ancestry. If you do not have a subscription, then you can use Ancestry at local libraries.
I think that Will is still your next step, as it was on the previous thread.

Have just had a quick peep, dont have the time to go through it word by word, but he does seem to mention sons James and Charles , youngest son Ring, and a couple of daughters too. Well worth you following up.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 February 14 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks - I appreciate your concern (and backlog archive).  It has been a frustrating time apropos all kinds of research.  Will follow your advice and apologise for any inconvenience caused.  Already, your note on Hurd's family has added to the prospects.

Just one point.  I live in France and don't have any access to local libraries; and Ancestry seems now to baulk any attempt to extract even the simplest expansion of bare entries in records without one paying subs. - seems to me not just once but for each record (ie: birth, marriage and death = 3).  I may have got it wrong, of course.  My pennies are still severely limited and a long-term subs. is not, at present, a viable option.  Anyway, thanks to friends and to organisations like yours, I've been lucky.

Best wishes,

roly

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 February 14 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry offered completely free access to all UK records for the whole of last weekend - it's worth keeping an eye out for offers like that. They also offer free trial periods or pay as you go access.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 February 14 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you had a look at the records on Dorset OPC?

http://www.opcdorset.org/

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk