Author Topic: Chelsea Pensioners  (Read 23076 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea Pensioners
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 July 10 15:46 BST (UK) »
You shouldn't have to wait too long before the next tranche of discharge papers is online with findmypast. 

This is the timetable
WO97 1760-1854 [discharge date]    records 184,000  images 1.2 million  By July 2010
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline gordonrgw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 July 10 15:48 BST (UK) »
not long back from Kew, the records there were off being digitized so the timing of my visit wasn't best. Did get to check some muster rolls though.
Will : Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Arbroath
Reid; Aberdeen; Udny, Ellon
Easson/Esson; Aberdeenshire; Kincardine (Fordoun), Forfarshire/Angus (Friokheim/Kirkden)

Offline farah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 July 10 22:43 BST (UK) »
I have found the list where my ancestor was mentioned and it was from a web site www.abdn66.freeserve.co.uk/militia2.htm which was headed Kincardineshire Volunteers Listings of those who volunteered to join the militia between the years 1798 to 1816 and which I have tried to enter tonight but it does not show up. The list I have is for Captain Robert Barclays Company probably the same Barclays associated with Brotherton Castle  and Im sorry to say that the name you are looking for isnt on this list
There was another site where I found that one of the Fotheringhams Alexander was wounded and shipped home from the Mysore war in India and the web site I believe was named Cindys List 
Sorry I wasnt of more help

Offline farah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 July 10 22:57 BST (UK) »
Further to my previous message Try the following web site of Colin Milnes and when on it check out articles where he has lists of Kincardineshire Militia web address is http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nescotland/index.html

Offline gordonrgw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 08 July 10 23:25 BST (UK) »
many thanks farah, i'll have a look..

best wishes

gordon
Will : Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Arbroath
Reid; Aberdeen; Udny, Ellon
Easson/Esson; Aberdeenshire; Kincardine (Fordoun), Forfarshire/Angus (Friokheim/Kirkden)

Offline johnsmith3562

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 08 September 12 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Farah

I am currently researching the 94th Regiment of Foot.  I have started a living history group, and we are now wearing the uniforms as they looked in the Peninsula wars.  I am trying to get information from living relatives from anyone whose relatives served in the regiment fromm 1800 - 1818.  We are also in contact with the National Army Museum in London to see if there are any artefacts belonging to the regiment in the museum.

If you have any information that would help in my research I would be truly grateful.

Thanks John

Offline JCee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 28 October 12 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,
You are probably aware of this but just in case!! Google Soldier Magazine,select Digital Edition,scroll down left side and select September 2012. Starting on page 43 there is a 5 page article on The Peninslar War. Incidentally, some time ago I read in a book that the Regimental Colours of the 94th were laid up in Edinburgh Castle after disbandment in 1818. Unfortunately I can't find my reference.
Regards.Jim.