Author Topic: new user  (Read 2106 times)

Offline dawn mallitt

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
new user
« on: Tuesday 17 July 12 23:09 BST (UK) »
looking for joseph butler bornpossibly dublin about 1846 may have married in ireland his wife was mary jane ? i have two joseph butlers on a passanger list one of them is listed with mary jane and a son robert only 3 months old so im assuming they where married in ireland also. joseph was a painter journeyman and had a son francis b 1876 as far as im aware joseph nnever moved back to ireland but any help would be greatly appreciated thank you dawn

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: new user
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there Dawn,

This could be a total long shot BUT when did Joseph and Mary Jane emmigrate ?

I have found the marriage of a Joseph Butler and a Joannah Maria Robinson in 1867 in Dublin. As far as I am aware Joannah Maria is the Latin for Mary Jane. Also Joseph's father is listed as Robert, which may explain Joseph and Mary Jane's first son being called Robert. I can't see a good match for the birth of a Robert to this couple though !

butler / robinson marriage

Do you have any records for them in America ?

Tara

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 14:16 BST (UK) »
looking for joseph butler bornpossibly dublin about 1846 may have married in ireland his wife was mary jane ? i have two joseph butlers on a passanger list one of them is listed with mary jane and a son robert only 3 months old so im assuming they where married in ireland also. joseph was a painter journeyman and had a son francis b 1876 as far as im aware joseph nnever moved back to ireland but any help would be greatly appreciated thank you dawn

On a passenger list going where???

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline bgevans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 November 14 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi dawn, did you ever manage to follow Joseph Butler? He was my maternal grandfather and I have the records for many of his family after arriving in England but I am just about to start tracing the Irish heritage.

Looking forward to swapping information!

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 November 14 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi bgevans

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Dawn Mallitt posted once but didn't respond to any of the answers the next day.

According to her profile, she hasn't been online here since October 2012.

As long as her email hasn't changed, she should receive a notification that you have posted and hopefully come back soon.

You need 3 posts to use the personal message system, but she only has a post count of 1 so that method of chatting off-forum won't work

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline bgevans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 November 14 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dawn, I think I saw a Mallitt family tree on Ancestry.com - I may be able to trace her from that.
I must admit, I was a bit shocked to find someone else looking for my grandfather on my first search on this site!

Cheers

Bill