Author Topic: DNA MISSING LINK TO OLD PIRIE FAMILY  (Read 4820 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DNA MISSING LINK TO OLD PIRIE FAMILY
« on: Wednesday 05 March 14 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi all for a long time suspicions have been that JAMES PIRIE of ABERDEEN who married MARY FORBES 1754 and who bought THE MORNING CHRONICLE from SAMPSON PERRY of LONDON were that JAMES & SAMPSON were just namesake, most internet sites say so. With the results of myftdna family finder test I share dna with a PIRIE in ABERDEEN. My suspicion is that SAMPSON & JAMES are actually related and I would like to prove it. The name that I am dna linked to is:

JAMES PIRIE who was in ABERDEEN around early 1800s. He had married JANET BREBNER and the couple had at least two children ISABELLA born 1808 and JAMES PIRIE born 1810. There maybe further siblings. According to the baptism record of ISABELLA PIRIE 1808 her father was a shipmaster not only that but her mothers father also was stated to be a shipmaster.

Can anyone link JAMES PIRIE the shipmaster alive early 1800 directly to JAMES PIRIE / PERRY 1755 - 1821? Or his father.

James Pirie married MARY Forbes 1st AUG 1754
Several children from the marriage

James Pirie bp 30th Oct 1755 died 1821 in BLOOMSBURY SOUTHAMPTON a few doors down the road from SAMPSON PERRY's townhouse

George Pirie bp 5th Apr 1757

Mary Pirie bp 16th April 1759 Possibly married 1778 William Rennie there is another post on rootschat about her

John Pirie bp 28th April 1765
baptised in the presence of John Pirie

Note the last child's baptisms witness was another John Pirie I suspect that this is the child's grandfather and would like to prove that because SAMPSON PERRY's father was named JOHN PERRY

We find one of SAMPSON PERRY's brothers in KELSO he had a learning academy there, he was WILLIAM PERRY who wrote PERRY's dictionary. So it would not surprise me if JAMES PERRY in ABERDEEN is actually a brother as well.

The one who married Mary Forbes, his father was a house builder possibly named John Pirie so if there are any records about that I would like to know. I have not as yet checked the 1841 census or much else on this so appreciate any help locating records and building a family tree.

DNA genealogy has really answered many questions about where my ancestors came from. I have over 300 relatives matches with others I have never heard of before. Hopefully some kind folk on here can solve this missing link. Thanks in advance for any help.