Author Topic: James & Sarah VENABLES - Cheshunt  (Read 22548 times)

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James & Sarah VENABLES - Cheshunt
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Lin,

I may have lost the thread in your posting,  but during my search at HALS today I found two baptism entries in the Cheshunt PRs   ...

17Nov1805.   George s/o James and Sarah Venables bn.25Sep1805 .

10Jan1808.  William s/o James and Sarah Venables  bn.03Dec1807.

Hope these will be of some help.

Regards   ...   Peter
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hollylianne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 14:43 BST (UK) »
For William Ballard and Mary -
I also have a son George christened/baptised 17.4.1796.
I have John c.10.10.1790 and poss married a Phyllis.  Also got Ann who poss married William Gibbs, and George poss married Mary Silvy 5.6.1825.

I also came to the speculation that James Venables b.1786 parents were James c.28.3.1763 Cheshunt and Jane Mold m.1.9.1783.  Their other children look like Ann, James, James, Maria, Sophia, Susanna, Matilda, Harriet and Catherine.

Additionally, i have found James Venables b.1786 who married Sarah daughter Ann b.1818 married to James Dyson.  Their children were James William, Elizabeth Jane, Sarah Ann, Louisa and William.

As for Frances Venables b 1858, i have been told they had 15 children.

Hi Anne and Hollie
William Ballard and Mary's children that I have found are:
John 1790 Cheshunt
Anne bp3/2/1792
Charlotte
Elizabeth
James bp9/9/1798 Cheshunt
Thomas bp 13/9/1801 Cheshunt

Have looked for a marriage for them and the nearest one in the time frame is in Epping ,but as it is only a brain storm I have not put that in my tree.I also have a sneaky feeling that James parents were James Venables and Jane Mold married 1/9/1783 but again it is speculation.There is a tree on ancestry but the facts do not add up properly on it and as it was put on there in 2004 I think some of it could be wrong ,so I really don't know any further.

William and Charlottes children you probably have but ,hey what the heck ,I expect someone else may need them at some stage , are:
Jane bp 20/2/1831
Emma BP 1/2/1835
Charles bp 7/7/1837
Harriet(t) bp23/10/1842
Benjamin bp 17/5/1840
Jonathon bp 3/8/1843
All born Cheshunt

Have you found Frances Venables b 1858 ? (daughter of David b1828)so far I have found 13 children with the possibility of a couple more ,she married William John Adams. Crikey and I complain about the one child I have left at home.
ramsay - paisley, brock - glasgow, brackenridge - Scotland, thomson-Scotland, richardson- Scotland, mcclure- Scotland, raeside - Scotland, brown - Scotland, borland - Scotland, mckeller - Scotland, caton - essex, Cross - Navestock/Mount Nessing, moseley- london/staffordshire, mcneil, davies, harper, blake, fitzjohn, steer, kennington, venables - cheshunt, ward, cook, pavey

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Black Tar Rivers by HRH Mole in the hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 22:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Peter for taking the time to help out ,it's really appreciated as I  didn't have the dates of birth ,just the baptism dates.I think we are all on the right track.
15 children and no washine machine!!!!!
Lin
Pratt ,Burgess,Gladwell  ,Taylor, Forrester ,Layzell ,Watling ,Merryfield Raven Essex
Field ,Warren.Davis, Spickett ,Peppiatt ,Bucks
White born Dorset moved to Hampshire,Shropshire and finally to Essex
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Buggs ,Day ,Stygal,Balls ,Suffolk ,Norfolk ,Hertfordshire
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline Mary Pendred

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 23:12 BST (UK) »
Can you tell me about your Bullard family in Cheshunt, Herts. some of my Bullard family from Hunts went to Herts, believe some may have gone to Cheshunts

Regards
Mary pendred

Offline newbrunswick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 June 07 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary:  I'm afraid that I really don't have much information on the Ballard (not Bullard) family that is connected with my ancestors.  What I have is:  Elizabeth Ballard, daughter of William and Ann Ballard, born 1807 Cheshunt, Christened 7 Apr 1807, died ABT 1867 - married BEF 1824 to George Venables b. 1805 Cheshunt, Christened 17 Nov 1805, died 1849, son of James and Sarah Venables.  They had 11 children.  If this is of any use to you, please let me know.  I can give you the names of their children with birth dates, if you require.  I know that Ballard and Bullard are very close, but I am certain of the "Ballard" spelling in my family.  Hope this is some help to you.
Shireditch, Hertsfordshire: Ettridge, Farrin, Adams, Venables
Jackson, Burgess,
Birmingham, & Sedgely, Staffordshire: Hill, Farmer, Devey

Offline spoons1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 18 February 12 22:01 GMT (UK) »
New to the board.  Has anyone made any progress with regard to James' and Sarah's marriage? Their parents?
Her maiden name?  I believe I saw somewhere that a James and Sarah were married in Shoreditch (not Cheshunt)
in 1802, but I have no way to confirm this.  Thanks.

Offline Herts Heart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 19 February 12 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Spoons

What info do you bring to the table?
Saves duplication of effort.

James Venables /  Sarah Housden
22 Nov 1802 Shoreditch St Leonard

Offline spoons1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 20 February 12 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the quick reply. George Venables (b.1805) is my ggg-grandfather. Like many, I have hit
a wall with James and Sarah.  I have tried the usual familysearch, ancestry, etc., but have become
confused with entries which state that her maiden name was actually Gibson or other.
Is the entry you gave (1802) our folks? Is there documentation?
I am sorry to bring so little to the table. Like many on this board, I have found
it to be a little like nailing jello to a wall.  The risks of being a rookie.....

Offline spoons1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 29 April 12 21:40 BST (UK) »
Since I posted my last query, "The Venables Group" has posted a genealogy on Facebook - Venables Family Trees. It appeared on April 9, 2012.  It has my ancestor, George Venables (b. 1805), and takes the line back to 1726.  Has anyone seen it? It lists James as born in 1776 in Cheshunt and marrying Sarah.
Was she Sarah Housden who married James Venables in Shoreditch in 1802, or Susanna (some on Ancestry
call her Sarah Susanna) Gibson?  Susanna Gibson married James Venables at All Saints and St. John Church in Hertford in 1803.  That's the right place, but not exactly the right name.....The Shoreditch marriage is the right name (Sarah), but the wrong place.....
Has the Venables Group resolved the issues of this board?
Perhaps someone from the Venables Group could respond to me.
Thanks.