Author Topic: Father of John HAYDON Crediton Devon born 1746  (Read 15282 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Father of John Haydon Crediton Devon born 1746
« Reply #27 on: Monday 04 February 13 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pinefamily and Hollytree,

I went to my local library Brighton in order for them to order in a copy of the crediton microfilm parish records transcriptions for 1538 - 1843.  They very kindly rang the West Devon Record office who in turn said to get in touch with the North Devon record office which the librarian did for me but it was on answerphone, we looked on their website and its closed till Feb 15th for refurbishment. So will wait till then.

Also agree with Hollytree feel certain that Anne Haydon's parents and grandparents must connect up with Robert Haydon and Joanne Paulet, As on the 1851 census shows Anne Haydon age 75 birth place being Newton St Cyres, Devon and Thomas being Cheriton Fitzpayne, Devon, Head of Family and Married age 84. 

Also to mention the collections of the  Westcountries Studies Library and the Devon Record Office have combined and transferred to the Devon Heritage Centre over a period of time from September 2012 onwards. Hopefully a short term setback. :( as ive been researching my family since 2005 Im getting use to this type of setback happening.

Makes me all the more determined.. !!   ;D

Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 06:12 GMT (UK) »
I didn't know that about the the combining of the two entities. Makes sense though, as they were next door to each other from memory.
It also makes it easier when researching from afar, as we three are.
I know what you mean about setbacks. My Devon ancestors have taken me longer, as the resources aren't as readily available from long distance; even the LDS microfilms for Devon parishes aren't from the original registers, but rather transcripts.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 11 February 13 18:38 GMT (UK) »

There is this marriage from extracted records on the IGI site (old version i hate the new layout)
   Tazzie

:'( I thought the old version of familysearch IGI was made totally inaccessible?? 
  Is there a link to the old version that still works??   ::)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 February 13 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mousehowse,

Thanks for the parents information of Ann Haydon, born 1772, being John Haydon and Sarah, from the IGI site, Im now looking into finding John Haydon's parents. on the IGI site. Appreciate any help

Thanks

Elizlloyd
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 08:38 GMT (UK) »

There is this marriage from extracted records on the IGI site (old version i hate the new layout)
   Tazzie

:'( I thought the old version of familysearch IGI was made totally inaccessible?? 
  Is there a link to the old version that still works??   ::)

There used to be a link on the "new" page for the "old" one, but I couldn't see it.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Father of John HAYDON Crediton Devon born 1746
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Dear HOLLYTREE and Pinefamily and Everyone else who reads this and can help.

Working back from my 4 x Great Grandmother Anne Haydon born 1772 married to Thomas Sharland,
and Anne Haydon's parents being John Haydon married to Sarah Glandville - I think from the Glandville noblilty family of Devon,

and then I think John Haydon's parents were John Haydon married Rachel Edbury
and then John's parents might either be Nathaniel Haydon married to Mary Stephens

and Nathaniel Haydon born 1 Dec 1700 Crediiton
Parents being Samuel Haydon (born 26 Jan 1661 Crediton, Devon) married to Mary Hammond

Samuel Haydon's parents being Robert Haydon (born 27 April 1628 Crediton, Devon) married Hannah Keene

Robert Haydon son of Robert Haydon born 1596 Ottery St Mary married Mary Ridd born about 1600. marriage 1623 Crediton, Devon 

All of the above information i have found either on familysearch.org or ancestry.co.uk website im not a 100% sure if all the above information is correct but would like help in varifying it all

Thanks

Elizlloyd

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Father of John HAYDON Crediton Devon born 1746
« Reply #33 on: Monday 26 May 14 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi to Pinefamily, mowsehowse,  HOLLYTREE and Annette7,

Working back from Ann Haydon born 2 June 1772 and christened in Crediton 7 June 1772 married Thomas Sharland 1 April 1794 Stockleigh English, her parents were John Haydon christened 8 Feb 1739 married to Sarah Glanville marriage took place at Holy Cross Church in Crediton 7 March 1770.

John Haydon's parents were John Haydon christened 22 October 1707 Crediton married to Rachel Edbury  in Holy Cross Church, Crediton, Devon. 27 Jan 1733.

John Haydon's parents John Haydon christened Holy Cross Church, Crediton 19 Nov 1679 married to Sarah Tucker 27 June 1706.

John Haydon's father Thomas Haydon christened 20 November 1642 Crediton, Devon, wife unknown.

Thomas Haydon's father was Thomas Haydon Christened 23 June 1611 Sandford, Married Agnes Leach 28 Nov 1634 they had 3 children John born 1637, Agnes born 1639 and Thomas born 1642 all christened in Holy Cross Church, Crediton. Devon.

Thomas Haydon's Father Gideon Haydon Born 1583 Cadhay. Ottery Saint Mary, Devon Married to Margaret Davy Marriage 18 June 1603. Ottery Saint Mary, Devon. had 15 children several born in Ottery St Mary and some born in Sandford, Devon.

I hope the above information is of help to you all.

from Elizlloyd.