Author Topic: Elizabeth Holme(s) Sandford  (Read 1117 times)

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Holme(s) Sandford
« on: Wednesday 16 July 14 12:54 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Holme(s) born c1783 in Sandford is living with her daughter Maria and son-in-law John Potter in Torquay in 1861. I can't find her in 1871 but am unable to find her death in that 10 year period (her daughter stayed in Torquay so am assuming that's where Elizabeth died). Would very much like to find out about Elizabeth's family and also find her death certificate. If she did die in Torquay we'd like to find her grave if possible. Any help gratefully received. Thank you.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Holme(s) Sandford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi LesleyHannah,

There is this death on freeBMD:

Holmes, Elizabeth; March Quarter 1871; Age 88; Newton A; Vol 5b Page 131

This appears to be the correct area and the age is spot on, I would also suggest that she may well have died just before the 1871 Census.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 13:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you David, I'm sending for the certificate today. Couldn't think why I hadn't found this on FreeBMD but think I'd typed in Holme rather than Holmes - used to ancestry calling up alternatives which FreeBMD doesn't seem to do. So I'm very grateful for your help.
Lesley

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

Your're very welcome! ;D

I searched under Holme first which drew a blank, then Holmes, where there were a few possibles, but the one that I put in my first reply was the only one that fit the bill.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)