Author Topic: St Saviour - Foremark-COMPLETED  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Ezyka

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
St Saviour - Foremark-COMPLETED
« on: Monday 09 November 09 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  I've found that my GGGG Grandparents are buried in St Savior, Foremark in Derbyshire.  Does anyone have a list of the gravestones there?  I think its unlikely that they will have had a stone but i'd like to check.  They worked at Foremark Hall.  Their names were Thomas Pound b.1813 d.1885 and Matilda Pound (nee Durman) b.1811 d.1871.  Has anyone ever been to the Church in Foremark?  I've been through the area once but couldn't spot it.

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Saviour - Foremark
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 11:06 GMT (UK) »

Hi Ezyka, the church is in the grounds of the Foremark Hall, that I believe is now a fee paying school, so is not easily seen.

I just wondered though if you had seen the churches Baptisms on this site?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brett/foremark/foremark_bapind.html

Skewy

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 November 09 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Just seen the post on this site.  My Gt Grandfather worked as gamekeeper at Foremark Hall in the late 1800s; it will be interesting to see if I can find any of his family on the Baptisms mentioned by Skewbald.  The youngest son (whose own son is still alive) was born there...so I may be in luck.  Thanks, Skewbald!
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee

Offline Ezyka

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 November 09 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Yeah, that site is really good!  Thats where I found the burial records.  Thomas Pound was a gardener and woodman at Foremark Hall.  I wonder if your relation worked there at the same time?

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 November 09 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, there: 

My great-grandfather was Andrew Craven and he went to be gamekeeper at Foremark Hall between 1885 and 1887 (i.e., after the last child born in Scotland and the first born in Foremark).  3 children were born in Foremark - Thomas (1887), John (1889) and Mary (1892).  Unfortunately, none of them was mentioned on the website as having been baptised there.  As they were all Church of Scotland, they may have gone to a Presbyterian church somewhere; I still have to check on that.  So, our ancestors may have known one another, eh?  I haven't found any Pounds in my lot so I am assuming that there was no inter-marrying of the 2 families!
Happy Hunting!
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee

Offline Sallyann17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Saviour - Foremark-COMPLETED
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 June 14 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am researching the goadsbys, my gggg grandfather was William goadsbys married to Ruth ordish, his father was William goadsby, they lived in foremark for generations, William was married to Hannah, but I can't find where they married, anyone else looking for goadsbys?