Author Topic: STERNE, Susanna - Glocestershire  (Read 1493 times)

Offline jorowe2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
STERNE, Susanna - Glocestershire
« on: Monday 07 April 14 07:33 BST (UK) »
Looking for any decendants of the above lady who was buried in the new burial ground at Cheltenham in 1837.  I have a few documents relating to the burial and information on her son who came out to Australia.  Thanks joro

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: STERNE, Susanna - Glocestershire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 April 14 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi joro,
I have checked the Gloucestershire Family History Society (GFHS) Baptism Index 1813-1837 and there is NO record of a STERNE baptism.
I have also checked the GloucestershireBMD Indexes, http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/ and there is no record of any births. I didn't check for marriages or deaths.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline jorowe2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STERNE, Susanna - Glocestershire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 03:22 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for the lookup, might have to search further afield; I had the feeling that her son Richard Sterne may be Irish as he worked as a house servant between Ireland and England for Sir William Chatterton's mother, he was forced out of service when Dowager Lady Chatterton died he headed down under with his new wife and I have just found out through this great site that her lot came from Gloucestershire where Susannah Sterne was buried.  The receipt I have says Receipt Cheltenham Oct 25 1837.  Rec'd 10/6 for the burial of the late Mrs Susannah Stern (aged 33 years) in Part 2 New Burial Ground No. 67.  Signed by the Sexton and sent back to Tasmania to her son.  It has no bearing on my own line but when Susannah's son died in Tasmania, his wife Anne Wilkins remarried to an ancestor of mine and I am trying to get a little meat in the sandwich for the book I am writing of all the old letters I have.