Author Topic: Fielding Family of Dublin  (Read 8126 times)

Offline BJK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fielding Family of Dublin
« on: Sunday 02 August 09 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, im looking for descendents of a Fielding family who lived in Dublin in the mid to late 1800,s. Im afraid my information is limited. Not sure what the parents were called, but had sons James (My great grandfather), George, sisters were Nora, and Belle. might have been others. i believe their parents died young and the children put into care.
Il come back with more info as i get it, hopefully this will ring a few bells with someone.
Thanks
Will

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Fielding Family of Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 August 09 00:45 BST (UK) »
You can search BMD’s free at http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=1408347;p=2;t=searchable

If they were still in Dublin in 1911 you should find them here:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

If you want to order certs use this site:
http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

Dara.

Offline BJK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 August 09 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi there, thanks for prompt response. I have tried these sites with only limited sucess. Im pretty sure most of the family were out of Dublin by 1911. George im told went to Derry, James went into the WW1 effort, the two sisters may have gone to Belfast, im not sure.
Regards
Will

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 August 09 09:17 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is any help but 1911 census there's a George Fielding (age 17 so born c1894) with brother John (age 18) and married sister Honoria Nolan (age 28)- all Church of Ireland, born Dublin City (Nora is often a nickname for Honor, Honora or Honoria). Honoria's husband Henry Nolan is a plumber & gasfitter, John is shop assistant in gas co. and George is gasfitter's helper.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline BJK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 August 09 11:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Aghadowey,
this is interesting information, certainly the names fit and dates. My information led me to believe they had left Dublin by this time. But i shall investigate further, problem is there arent many living relatives to ask, another reason i posted this topic.
Thanks again
Will

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 August 09 11:49 BST (UK) »
It's always more difficult to search without having family members to provide details.
If the 1911 census details are correct there was a birth in 1887 and marriage 1910 (just before census) for an Isabella Beatrice Fielding which might be your Belle.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
(and an earlier- 1869- marriage for Isabella Beatrice Fielding so there's a chance 1887 named after an aunt)
Hopefully when 1901 census comes online (later this year?) you'll be able to find the family together and have a better idea of names and ages.

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 August 09 12:00 BST (UK) »
Well spotted aghadowey.

I found a George b. 1893, James 1889, Isabella 1887 and John 1891 (all Dublin North). No birth anywhere close for Nora/Honoria but I did find a marriage in 1901 but no Henry Nolan to match it.

Without further clues its impossible to say they were related. It might be worth spending €20 to see if these 4 birth records show the same parents.

Dara.

Offline BJK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 03 August 09 12:41 BST (UK) »
Wow, you lot have certainly given me something to think about. A lot of details do fit in, some dont though. might well send for their birth records, might prove or disprove a few things. I believed that George went to Derry and was warder at the old Derry jail, and i thought that he married in Derry also, but will check everything out.
Regards
Will

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 August 09 13:11 BST (UK) »
Belfast Gazette, 14 Jan.1927 page 8- Prison Warders: George Fielding (5 Aug.1922).

There's a marriage 1921 Co.Derry for a George Fielding to Florence A. Henderson (Londonderry registration district Apr./June 1921 volume 2 page 139) but also a marriage in Co Derry for a George Fielding in 1916 to Elizabeth Reilly (which doesn't show up in civil index) so difficult to know if any or either are your George's marriage.

Correction: James Henry Fielding m.1916 Elizabeth Reilly.