Author Topic: Greenaway; St. John the Baptist. Chipping Sodbury  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Greenaway; St. John the Baptist. Chipping Sodbury
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 September 14 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,
I've checked the Bristol marriages up to 1837, and found the following 2 possibilities:-
James NORMAN, of this parish, married Joanna PALMER, of this parish, at St Paul, Portland Square, Bristol, 27th December 1832. Register 2h, Page 203, Number 613 refers.
James NORMAN, Bachelor, of this parish, married Catherine DAY, Spinster, of this parish, at St John, Bedminster, Bristol, 20th September 1835. Register 3j, Page 89, Number 266 refers.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline patmathews

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 September 14 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor,
You are very kind to check your Bristol marriages but, with respect, it is a  "John"  Norman marriage which I would need, not a James!     
Pat

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 07:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,
Sorry about that. It may help my search if I knew the forename John's wife.
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline patmathews

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 09:14 BST (UK) »
Sorry Victor but I do not know the name of John Norman's  wife.       The marriage cert. of his son (James) only had the father's name.   
The marr. cert. also says that the father (John) was a Builder who was deceased by his son's  marr. date of 7th Dec. 1874.     This marriage of James took place in Newcastle upon Tyne.
I can usually find and track the family on the censuses but on this occasion it has proved very difficult to determine with accuracy to link up the right father John with the correct son James, especially as not knowing who the mother of James was.     
In spite of not knowing the name of John's wife, I would still appreciate knowing of the possible John Norman marriages at St. James, Bristol  1830-1841 if possible.
Many thanks,
Pat

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,
You may be in luck! There is ONLY one John NORMAN marriage as follows:-
John NORMAN, of this parish, married Ann HELLARD, of this parish, at St James, Bristol, 26th February 1821.
Register 3l1, Page 106, Number 318 refers.
Victor

Offline patmathews

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor,
Thank you very much for finding this marriage.    It does look good, it being the only one at St. James in the likely time frame.
I intend looking into it more thoroughly tomorrow by now looking for a John and Ann Norman in the earlier censuses.
Once again, many thanks,
Pat