Author Topic: Pheasey/Batchelor  (Read 5662 times)

Offline kapajoy50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pheasey/Batchelor
« on: Saturday 30 October 10 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hope someone can help I have a William George Pheasey born 1904 don't know where & died 1970 Gloucestershire, he married Mabel Batchelor 1937 Warwickshire, Mabel died 2000 Gloucestershire. They had 11 children all in Warwickshire. The family lived in Gloucestershire.

Really stuck on the these 2.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pheasey/Batchelor
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 October 10 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Kapajoy - new name?  ;D

You don't say what paperwork you have so far - the marriage certificate would seema good starting point.

Have you tried to find either of them in the 1911 census?  We can't help you with that, unfortunately.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 October 10 13:28 BST (UK) »
??

Searching on freebmd at http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl for just William P - George might have been added at his christening - between 1900 and 1907 gives only one birth registration and it's in the Sheffield Reg. Dist.

Whether or not that WP is "yours" is something you'll have to think about and an m-cert might help.

You will find WP's marriage registration details on freebmd and I suggest you obtain it from the GRO - see http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ do not try other sites which might charge a lot more.

Regards

Chas
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Tricia_2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • "Family ~ link to our past, bridge to our future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 November 10 12:40 GMT (UK) »
If you do a search on the 1911 census, you will find a William Pheasey, age 5, born in Sheffield and a Robert William Pheasey, age 7, born in Bakewell, Derbyshire.

The next one after them was born c 1910, in Chorlton
The last one before them was born in 1898 in Lancashire
Worcs / Glos: Neal Neale Jeynes Jeens Geans Harris Roper Ropier Colley Dyer Heeks Bayzand Hampton Bishop Cole Elton Littlehales McGowan
Glamorgam: Hampton Thornton Svombo Swambo Swanbo Keefe O Keefe Shanahan Shannon Doyle Maldoon Muldoon Davies Llewellyn Jones
Birmingham: Neale Sarjant Cole Hiley Berridge Tirebuck

Offline Tricia_2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • "Family ~ link to our past, bridge to our future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 November 10 12:57 GMT (UK) »
There are a few Mabel Batchelors on the 1911 census ~ a possible is the one aged 5, living in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
There are actually quite a few Batchelors in Nuneaton, nine of whom live with a Mabel Batchelor.
The two adults of the family are John and Mary Ann, aged 38 and 36.
I think that I have found this same family in 1901 ~ John was born in Stretton on the Fosse and Mary Ann in Nuneaton.

So, if she this Mabel yours, the info is online :)

Mabel and William's marriage certificate seems to be the next step.
Worcs / Glos: Neal Neale Jeynes Jeens Geans Harris Roper Ropier Colley Dyer Heeks Bayzand Hampton Bishop Cole Elton Littlehales McGowan
Glamorgam: Hampton Thornton Svombo Swambo Swanbo Keefe O Keefe Shanahan Shannon Doyle Maldoon Muldoon Davies Llewellyn Jones
Birmingham: Neale Sarjant Cole Hiley Berridge Tirebuck

Offline kapajoy50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 November 10 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the information, I have now got Mabel Batchelor and followed her through to 1765, but William G Pheasey  I have now found out from a daughter of his that his parents were travellers with the fair, so I think I will find it difficult to trace anything on him.

Kay

Offline fishtank

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 20:06 BST (UK) »
I know these people you are looking for, can I ask what connection you have to them. Or what information you would like to know?

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 July 11 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Fishtank - and welcome!  :)

It's great that you can help with this.  Just a gentle reminder not to post details of living people on the open boards. Once you have posted a couple of times you will be able to exchange such information by Personal Message (PM).

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline alphmk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 July 14 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I know it is a few years since this was posted, but have just discovered it.  I believe that William and Mabel were my grandparents on my fathers side.