Author Topic: A Genealogy wish  (Read 12247 times)

Offline panic

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Genealogy wish
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 20:12 BST (UK) »
To have photos of my ancestors. I see trees with photos attached and it looks good - the oldest photo I have was in the 1950's  :'(
Shropshire: Bailey, Cadman, Chilton, Garbett, Pritchards
Yorkshire: Chilton, Cogan, Cooper, Farrar, Hammond, Nickless/Nicholls, Silkstone
Ireland: Brannan, Cogan, O'Connor

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
To have photos of my ancestors. I see trees with photos attached and it looks good - the oldest photo I have was in the 1950's  :'(

Yes it would be nice, but it is often the person who researches is not the one who has the photos, when you are researching sideways, so cousins, great aunts/Uncles those are the people to ask.

I like you never had any photos of ancestors, my wish was to see a photo of my great grandfather a few years ago I made contact with a researcher who turned out to be the great great grandchild of my grandfathers brother who had immigrated to the other side of the world, he returned, but his two adult sons remained and obviously had families. They sent me a photo asking if I knew who everyone was, it was a family photo of my great grandparents and some of their children including my grandfather aged 8 outside the farm where my cousin still lives in taken in 1906, so you never now!
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline skyblueFF

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 21:28 BST (UK) »
To know whether my Great Great Grandfather Julius Heise really was the Prussian Army Band Master.
M
HEISE ,Germany, London and Birkenhead.
HARTWELL. London. Arundel.
CAPSTICK, Westmorland and Liverpool
BUTLER Liverpool
CHARTERS,  Walton Liverpool
GORE,Sefton, Liverpool .
CRUICE Roscommon and Liverpool.
ROBINSON, Westmorland.
ATKINSON,Westmorland.
DACRE, Westmorland.
FORSHAW,Sefton,Liverpool