Author Topic: Silas Caddick  (Read 13031 times)

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Silas Caddick
« on: Thursday 24 April 14 16:15 BST (UK) »
HELP, I am seeing census in my sleep!
I am trying to find Silas Caddick born Wolverhampton 1843. I can find a birth, (not sent for cert yet) and 1871, 1881, 1901, 1911 census. cannot find earlier census or marriage to Elizabeth.
In one of his childrens baptism he was listed as Cyrus Caddick, so have tried that and have tried phonetic and other searches. Anyone know of Silas ?
Hudman, Souch, Grinyer, King, Nightingale, Sandoz, Gateley, Findley

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Silas Caddick
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 April 14 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
There's a family tree which has his marriage Sep 1860 Wolverhampton but none of the brides appear to be called Elizabeth.
The same tree also has 2 children born before 1860 so something wrong there :-\
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 April 14 16:35 BST (UK) »
Was first child born 1858 Almelia?  That might help track down 1861.

No he would be too young wouldn't he to be her father?
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 April 14 17:16 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at familysearch.org? There's a few silas caddick's mentioned there. The only marriage to an Elizabeth is a 1799 one surname Oakley 31 jan. May be on the tree the info's been muddled. They seem to be around the Bilston area, some just say wolvo .

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 April 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
From an Ancestry tree Almelia is the first born but I have nothing on her  until 1881 census.
Sarah is my husbands 2nd great grandfather and I know from the banns (Ancestry) her father was Silas Caddick Locksmith.  there is another Silas about 10 years older from Bilston Staffordshire who was married to Mary ann.
I cannot find a marriage for a Silas and Elizabeth.
I cannot find any of the family in 1861.
I can find three younger children on Wolverhampton parish records. on one baptism record silas is named as cyrus. I couldn't find anything useful at Family search.
Hudman, Souch, Grinyer, King, Nightingale, Sandoz, Gateley, Findley

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 April 14 21:57 BST (UK) »
I think you are going to have to give in and buy the birth certificate I have spent a couple of hours looking but there is nothing coming up also the Silas born 1859 on the 1881 census doesn't show up anywhere else. There is one born 1859 in Wolverhampton (parents Thomas and Sarah) but he died in 1877

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 April 14 22:00 BST (UK) »
It's a bit strange with the oldest children as parents would have been very young.  Plus they aren't with parents in 1871.  And I don't see a birth for an Almelia or an Amelia so  ???
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 April 14 09:49 BST (UK) »
I have tried everything I can think of I suspect that Silas and Amelia might be Elizabeth's children and they are registered under her maiden name

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 April 14 10:39 BST (UK) »
Yes I wondered that too but would still make her a very young parent. 
I must say the 1871 census looks more normal with parents in their 20's and 3 young children.  Adding these older children on in 1881 just doesn't make sense :-\
Pick - Frocester Glos