Author Topic: lushington  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Joan McA

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
lushington
« on: Saturday 27 March 04 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Lushington, born 1732 and married 1755 John Collington - in Leaveland

I would be grateful for any information on the Lushingtons.

Joan

Offline briann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lushington
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 February 08 20:22 GMT (UK) »
hi
  I have the complete lushington family tree . I am decended from ann lushington of elmsted married thomas newport 19/10/1718

there is an entry for

Elizabeth lushington baptised 29/06/1731
buried 17/03/1778,  but no information of a marriage
   If this is the right ancestor of yours, the tree goes back to Henry lushington of Smeeth (will dated 28/01/1396)

Offline Joan McA

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Briann,
My original post on Elizabeth Lushington was in 2004 and I have since made significant progress on her ancestors from my own work with Parish Registers and also thanks to Larry Tate who has done marvelous work with early wills.
Regarding Elizabeth Lushington, yes that is the same person though I recorded her christening from the PR as 27/6/1731. She married John Collington of Leaveland on 27/12/1755 at Leaveland. She was buried at Leaveland 24/2/1793.
The Elizabeth Lushington who was buried at Elmsted in 1778 was I believe the second wife of Elizabeth Lushington's father John. She was Elizabeth Knowler and there is a 1750 marriage licence for her and "John Lushington, widr, of Elmsted".
I now have the Lushington ancestry back to Henry of Smeeth as well, thanks to Larry Tate. This includes your Ann Lushington and Thomas Newport. Maybe your information is from the same source? If you have independent research I would be very interested to compare trees.   

Joan

Offline briann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 19:11 GMT (UK) »
 Hi
yes i contacted Larry Tate in 2000 when reasearch was done by a distant relative,at that time unknown who had gone back to a William Newport  who was married  in 1643 in St Alphages canterbury.
I am  glad that you had managed to complete your search successfully
     Kind Regards
               Brian

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Lushington Family in Kent
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I have been researching the Matson family of Kent for some years now.

I have several records for the Lushington family which I wonder if anyone could help me link in?
In particular I have this marriage -
James Matson of Hougham, Yeom., ba., 25 and Susan Lushington of Alkham, spr., 20, whose parents are dead at Alkham, Capel-le-Ferne or Hawkinge May 14 1688.
Can any one help with Susan's ancestors? Currently I have a Henry as a possible father but no details.
I'm also making a guess about Susan, who married James Matson 1688, as having a brother named Thomas who married Susan Matson in 1678 at Hougham. This couple had a daughter named Susanna who married David Heath in 1689 at Hougham. There is probably a connection for Susan Matson to the Knott family as this was her mother's maiden name.

In addition I have sketchy info about a Lushington family in the Stellinge area John (died 1638 Stellinge) and Ann who had 5 children Mary, Henry, Ann, John and Catherine who died in 1679. I believe that Mary married George Pilcher (died 1638)

There is a Elizabeth Lushington with a sister Mary and brother John (died 1638)
Elizabeth married someone called Goulder.

An to add to my confusion, I have a record, from Canterbury Cathedral Archives, of a Mary Lushington being married to someone called Kember. No details.

Finally I have failed to discover  where this couple fit -
Lushington Matson who married Elizabeth Denne 25th February 1746 at Woodnesborough.
Lushington Matson died 1781 at Monkton and was a yeoman and brewer. The couple had one daughter I know of named katherine Matson who was born at Nonnington, but who agin I have no further record of.

Any help with sorting these out would be really appreciated :)
MATSON-East Kent.  HURST- Oxfordshire.

Offline Margaret Irvine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 January 20 09:40 GMT (UK) »
LUSHINGTON,  Kent

My 10th great grandfather Henry LUSHINGTON of BARHAM, Kent, Yeoman died 3 Jan 1611 buried Barham. He left a Will which I have uploaded to my family tree on Ancestry. Mention is made of wife Mary (possibly Pilcher), eldest dau Mary, daus Eliz and Joane and son John Lushington.
His son John Lushington born 1588 BARHAM, Yeoman married 1612 at Gt Mongeham Ann Abbott, died 1638 STELLING buried ELMSTEAD. also left a Will. Mention is made of wife Ann, dau Mary wife of Geo Pilcher, dau Ann Lushington, sisters Mary Kember and Eliz Goulder, sons Henry and John.
Any further information would be appreciated. Also I would like to make contact with Larry Tate. Advice about this would be greatly appreciated.
SEDDON -  Deane parish, Lancashire
HAWORTH - Lostock, Lancashire
O'KEEFE - Castlepark, Cahermurphy, Sorrel Island, Co. Clare, Ireland
IRVINE - Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
MOFFAT -  Derryvullan, Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
BELL  -   Kincardineshire, Scotland
LEIGHTON - Kincardineshire, Scotland
TUCKER - Ringwould, Kent

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 January 20 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone.
I attach a chart of the information I have about Lushington and their links to the Matson family.
I hope that it's of help, but I suspect you may have most of the info. already.
I'm afraid I can't help with Larry Tate. perhaps facebook or other social media may help?

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 18 January 20 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Looks like only the second part (pages 4 & 5) uploaded.
This is the first part which is pages 1,2 & 3.
Hope it makes sense!

Offline Margaret Irvine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 January 20 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello to dovrrog and everyone:

Thank you very much for posting your Lushington ancestor chart, really appreciate your input.

I have found the wills of many Kent ancestors on Canterbury Probate Records (1396-1858) Database https://wills.canterbury-cathedral.org. using LDS Church Family History Centre films.

I have to date uploaded a total of 17 ancestors and also very distant ancestors and their spouses to my family tree on Ancestry called Margaret Irvine Family Tree a publicly accessible tree.

Margaret
SEDDON -  Deane parish, Lancashire
HAWORTH - Lostock, Lancashire
O'KEEFE - Castlepark, Cahermurphy, Sorrel Island, Co. Clare, Ireland
IRVINE - Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
MOFFAT -  Derryvullan, Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
BELL  -   Kincardineshire, Scotland
LEIGHTON - Kincardineshire, Scotland
TUCKER - Ringwould, Kent