Author Topic: 1851 Look Up Please  (Read 5258 times)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1851 Look Up Please
« on: Friday 21 September 12 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Searching for Alfred Stanford Birth 1819 in Tonbridge, Kent he married Sarah Knight in 1845 Tonbridge I have them in 1871 RG10 Piece 741 Folio 107 Page 25 living Martha Place Peckham Greenwich Deptford Daughter Elizabeth born 1852 New Cross son John born circa 1850 Tunbridge Wells. Any help most appreciated. PS I have him in 1841 but not in 1861.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Look Up Please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 September 12 10:05 BST (UK) »

Hi

Not the Census that you wanted, but some Baptisms for the children...

Baptism Register
St James Hatcham
Lewisham

John son of Alfred and Sarah STANFORD of Kenden Street. Born 8th Aug 1849 Baptised 15th June 1851.  Father's Occupation Brickmaker

Elizabeth Delia daughter of Alfred and Sarah STANFORD of 27 Neaton Street. Born 21st Dec 1850 Baptised 19th Jan 1851.

William son of Alfred and Sarah STANFORD of Martha Place. Born ? Baptised 8th Oct 1863. Father's Occuaption Brick Maker

Baptism Register
St Paul Deptford
Lewisham

The birth dates on this page are obscured by the join in the page sorry..

Jane daughter of Alfred and Sarah STANFORD of Kurte's Terrace. Born 17th  Baptised 13th Feb 1848 Father's Occupation Brick Maker

Harriet daughter of Alfred and Sarah STANFORD of Kurte's Terrace Born 29th Feb 184? Baptised 13th Feb 1848 Father's Occupation Brick Maker

Sarah daughter of Alfred and Sarah STANFORD of Kurte's Terrace Born 12th 18  Baptised 13th Feb 1848 Father's Occupation Brick Maker

Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 September 12 10:24 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your input, the last three children I do not have, makes sense that marriage in 1845 there would be some children before John in 1849, the plot thickens, would they show on 1851-1861 census. Thank you. Possibly need to search by address, Kurte's Terrace in 51 and 61.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 September 12 10:37 BST (UK) »

Well this one should be on both 1851 and 1861...

Marriage Register
St James Hatcham
Lewisham
25th Dec 1869

Samuel BASSETT of full age Bachelor Soldier of 8 Martha Place Henry Street Father = Benjamin BASSETT Labourer

Jane STANFORD of full age Spinster of 4 Martha Place Henry Street Father = Alfred STANFORD Brickmaker

Both bride and groom signed
Witnesses were Alfred STANFORD who made his mark and Elizabeth WANTERS?

Karenlee

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 September 12 10:43 BST (UK) »
Great find, think I have seen the Bassetts in 81 Martha Place I'm sure I have them there. Still seem illusive earlier though.

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 September 12 10:46 BST (UK) »
Looks like there was also an Alfred...

Marriage Register
St John the Evangelist Walworth
Southwark
21st April 1878

Alfred STANFORD of full age Bachelor Brick Maker of 12 William Street Father = Alfred STANFORD Brick Maker

Charlotte MITCHELL 19 Spinster of 12 William Street Father = John MITCHELL Fellowship Porter

The groom made his mark and the bride signed
Witnesses were Samuel BASSETT and Jane BASSETT

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 September 12 10:50 BST (UK) »
Wow you're on a roll thanks, still blooming hiding though.

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 September 12 11:08 BST (UK) »

Marriage Register
St Luke Finsbury
Islington
15th March 1874

Henry LOVELOCK of full age Bachelor Carman of Buth? Street Father = John LOVELOCK Labourer

Elizabeth STANFORD of full age Spinster of Buth? Street Father = Alfred STANFORD Labourer

The groom signed and the bride made her mark
Witnesses were Samuel BASSETT and Jane BASSETT

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 21 September 12 11:31 BST (UK) »
I turn my back for a minute and you have another all tied up neatly with a Bassett bow ;D