Author Topic: KING married KING?!  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: KING married KING?!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 December 13 10:17 GMT (UK) »
                This might help from OFHS Tackley PRs...

Marriage...

13 Oct 1838 John King (x), bach to Eliza King (x), spin, botp
   Wits....Elizabeth King (x), William King (x)

Sue  :)

Great, but is that a typo? Earlier post by Bucksboy says their marriage as 13/10/1828 and I've now confirmed that information myself through a lookup request with the OFHS.

Question is now, how far back do we go before they're related...
Keen, Prinz, Printz, Melhuish, King, Croxford, Bedding,

Offline jamajo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My lovely gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 December 13 11:19 GMT (UK) »

Ooops sorry my mistake, yes should be 1828....  ::) :)
Norris  ( Somerset, Oxfordshire )
Evans  ( Berkshire )
Goodenough ( Berkshire )
Lloyd  ( Berkshire, Canada)
Dance ( Berkshire, Portsea, USA, )
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 December 13 12:55 GMT (UK) »
                This might help from OFHS Tackley PRs...

Marriage...

13 Oct 1838 John King (x), bach to Eliza King (x), spin, botp
   Wits....Elizabeth King (x), William King (x)

Sue  :)

Great, but is that a typo? Earlier post by Bucksboy says their marriage as 13/10/1828 and I've now confirmed that information myself through a lookup request with the OFHS.

Question is now, how far back do we go before they're related...

Maybe 2 generations, or 4.  Or......maybe not at all.  Who knows until the research is done. ;D
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 December 13 13:08 GMT (UK) »
I have a WESTON marrying a WESTON they had to prove back to grandparents that they weren't related, so you may end up with more information that you thought if you get the marriage certificate (though in my grandparents case I'm not sure if it was just because they both had the same name for their mother (different maiden names though) and initial for father (Arthur and Albert) - gone back 4 generations and so far no intercrossing (and geographically spreading away from each other)

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 10:28 GMT (UK) »
I went to the OFHS centre yesterday and looked through some parish records.

I found the baptism of John (Kirtlington 1803) and the marriage of his parents Charles and Elizabeth (Tackley 1772) which is a little earlier than I expected but it's the only one in the area. I've got some notes to still look through so hope there may be a bit more information on them.

I found the baptism of Elizabeth (1812 in Tackley) but couldn't find any marriages in Kirtlington or Tackley, but I did find two in Oxford (St Mary Mag 1805 and St Giles 1798) but the records provided no further clues as to which was the one them. So looks like that's the end of that line of research :/

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 12:06 GMT (UK) »
You should be looking for marriages for Thomas KING & Mary.    Eliza Matilda was baptised 1810, Tackley, to Thomas & Mary KING.

1798 marriages were at St. Mary Mag. to either Jane Fox or Sarah Thomas.
1805 marriage was at St Giles, to SARAH Curbe,

Marriages for Thomas KING to a Mary.

1783 - Chinnor. To Mary BRITNELL.
1785 - Deddington. To Mary YOUNG.
1806 - Stadhampton. To Mary BROWN.
1809 - Stoke Talmage. To Mary TURNER.

You need to find out, if there are other earlier or later baptisms in Tackley to Thomas & Mary KING.

Don't give up so easily. ;D ;D

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 12:27 GMT (UK) »
You should be looking for marriages for Thomas KING & Mary.    Eliza Matilda was baptised 1810, Tackley, to Thomas & Mary KING.

I found two baptisms for Elizabeth in Tackley. One was in 1812 with parents Thomas and Sarah, and the other was in 1810 with parents Thomas and Mary.

On the 1841 census, for John and Elizabeth living in Tackley, there is a Sarah born 1781 living with them. I thought this was one of their mothers. As John's parents are Charles and Elizabeth Spencer (married 1772 Tackley) then that's why I think her parents were Thomas and Sarah, and led to the two marriages in Oxford.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Ah, Ok.   I didn't realise you'd found another baptism.

But, there is a slight difference between Eliza & Elizabeth, as a christian name.  I suppose a death or burial will give more details of age and name. ;)

I did notice Sarah KING c1781, in the 1841 census, but as relationships aren't given, I didn't assume anything.

Maybe a marriage for the other Eliza/Elizabeth KING, would clear it up.

There is a marriage for an Elizabeth KING to Robert BUSWELL(of Wootton) @ Tackley. 12 Nov 1832.   (From the OxFHS-Marriage Index).

Steve. :)

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 13:16 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage for an Elizabeth KING to Robert BUSWELL(of Wootton) @ Tackley. 12 Nov 1832.   (From the OxFHS-Marriage Index).

Also on that 1841 census there's a Fredrich BUSSWELL born 1837. Perhaps that's the son of Elizabeth and Robert.