Author Topic: Cashman Brothers  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Chelle71

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Cashman Brothers
« on: Saturday 18 October 14 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hello All

I'm hoping I'm going to help someone here , today I visited my local cemetery and come across a grave that was covered in ivy so I spent time taking it off and found on the gravestone were 2 brothers William and Patrick Cashman on 1911 census it shows Patrick being born in Cork hence why I'm here , if these names ring any bells please reply and I will give you the photographs and information if you need it

Kind Regards

Chelle

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cashman Brothers
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 October 14 22:33 BST (UK) »
Hello All

I'm hoping I'm going to help someone here , today I visited my local cemetery and come across a grave that was covered in ivy so I spent time taking it off and found on the gravestone were 2 brothers William and Patrick Cashman on 1911 census it shows Patrick being born in Cork hence why I'm here , if these names ring any bells please reply and I will give you the photographs and information if you need it

Kind Regards

Chelle
Hi Chelle maybe you could post the location of this cemetery as it may help if anyone is searching for the people mentioned - does inscription give any other details i.e dates  :)

Offline Chelle71

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 October 14 22:40 BST (UK) »
Ofcourse sorry the cemetery that they are both laid to rest together is Kingston Cemetery in Portsmouth Hampshire both brothersWilliam and Patrick  dying within a few years of each other one in 1933 the other in 1935

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 October 14 23:26 BST (UK) »
were they in portsmouth in 1911 & what were their ages/occupations :)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 October 14 23:59 BST (UK) »
Chelle - had thought there may be a naval connection so I found there was. They both originated in an area very close to where I live but a lot of families with the surname in the locality. Found them also in 1901 census & baptism records for them. They were single on the censuses so probably didnt marry. I may do some research locally as there could be descendants still there who would like to maybe know their final resting place.  Did you say you had photograph? Regards Frances

Offline Chelle71

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 October 14 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Bally

I havent actually researched these brothers it was merely a quick search to see where they came from and if their was anyone on ancestry that had them in their tree that i could send the picture i took of the gravestone i uncovered from ivy yesterday