Author Topic: Germany- Original documents (birth, deaths, marriages)  (Read 869 times)

Offline lanz83

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Germany- Original documents (birth, deaths, marriages)
« on: Tuesday 09 June 09 09:28 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know a website where I can order original documentation eg: birth certificate for Germany.

Thanks

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Original documents (birth, deaths, marriages)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 10:51 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately there isn't a website.  The cheapest method of  obtaining copies of original documents is;  if you know where your ancestor was born you might find a film of the church birth, marriage, death records in the I.G.I. library.  You will find the catalogue  on www.familysearch.org

Click on the "Library" tab at the top of the page, then on the library page either click on "keyword" or "place".

You then need to find the nearest Morman Church in your area to order the film.  There's a list of addresses on the same  website, or you could look in your telephone book under "Church of Latter Day Saints"

The alternative is to surf the web for the German Lutheran or Catholic church archives in the state your ancestor was born.

Good luck,
Rena 
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke