Author Topic: WALSH, MUCKALEE,KILKENNY  (Read 6148 times)

Offline Paddey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WALSH, MUCKALEE,KILKENNY
« on: Friday 10 March 06 12:47 GMT (UK) »
I have been searching for Matthew Walsh from Muckalee Kilkenny.
he was born c1790.  May have married a Caroline ?
He had one son that I know of JAMES WALSH (b c1815 Kilkenny)who married ANN CONRON.  They had the following children:Born Kilkenny
Patrick b 1837
John  b. 1838
Matthew  b.1840
Anne b. 1841
Martin b. 1842
JAMES & ANN, MATTHEW, JOHN, ANNE &  MARTIN emigrated to Sydney,NSW,
Australia between1859-1865.  I have much information on the family in NSW Australia.
I have never been able to "make the jump" back from Mathew father of James.  It has been my brick wall for many years.
Does anyone out there know of this family, Iwould be happy to share the tree that we published in 1998 without being able to go back past Matthew or having any details of him.
Also have never been able to find out what happened to Patrick.
He did not emigrate with the rest of the family.
The options of what happened to Patrick could be that he was desceased prior to the family emigrating.  We also have rumour that one of that clan of Walsh's was transported to Sydney for seditious practices.  We believe it was the young Matthew but as he was supposed to have had his name removed from all records and stripped of all he owned then marched down to a transport vessel without his name bing recorded anywhere it is har to prove which Walsh was the culprit.  Whoever it was had all he owned taken and placed in Chancery.  It is still there as my grandfather Patrick attempted to get it and found that it would not be viable financially as he would have been expected to follow the claim through in England.

Hope I have rung a bell somewhere.
Paddy

Offline mary1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WALSH, MUCKALEE,KILKENNY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 October 07 22:34 BST (UK) »
hi paddy ,my mam's maiden name is bridget walsh and comes from knockmajor muckalee in kilkenny.mam was born in 1922 daughter of james and bridget walsh ,nans maiden name was bridget butler.she can remember grandad had sisters named kate and bridget . i would say we are related .would love to have a look at your family tree .hope to hear from you soon mary

Offline Paddey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 November 08 05:12 GMT (UK) »
For Mary
Hi Have been trying to find a way to reply to your answer to my original message re Matthew Walsh Muckalee Kilkenny.
Am having all sorts of problems trying to reply.
Thank you for trying to contact me, your reply to me was dated 2007 and you requested more information. Sorry for the delay, not for the want of trying.
If you see this would you mind contacting me on *
Paddy
Sydney Australia

*Moderator comment: e-mail address removed.  Please use personal message system where possible to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thank you.

Offline mary1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 February 09 22:33 GMT (UK) »
hi paddey sorry for taking so long to reply .your e mail did not show up .so ours won't show up either.hope all is well with you .i can't figure out a way of sending you out email .will have to work on it.my second cousin was in ireland in december from brisbane she has the family tree just finished and she is going to send it to me .i will send it to you then .did you find out any more about the walsh's of muckalee .my mam passed away so i have not been doing any research .willl start again soon .lovely to hear from you  mary

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 February 09 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Paddey doesn't seem to have been back online since 20 Dec.2008 but new users need to make 3 posts before being able to use PM system here.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Paddey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 January 14 01:11 GMT (UK) »
I have progressed into the data on Matthew 'Walsh'
He was registered as Matthew Welsh and his wife is Margaret Whelan
They had a son they named James and early records give him James Welsh but he is named Walsh after arrival in Sydney Australia.  He married An Condron/Conron in Muckalee.
When I find time I will be editing the family and adding/correcting original data which came from hand me down stories.