Author Topic: Vowles Brothers LTD  (Read 6988 times)

Offline MrJ4m3s

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Vowles Brothers LTD
« on: Friday 07 March 14 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am stuggling to find any information regarding this iron casting foundry that my ancestors owned.
I have found an invoice on a local history website that said they were at Hall End, West Bromwich which is just off Church Lane.

They were aquired by Vono in 1952 then by Triplex in 1962.

If anyone can find any information, pictures or other relatives i would greatly appreciate it :)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vowles Brothers LTD
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 March 14 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi in 1901 at 66, Hall End was a Thomas Vowles b c 1862 and wife Mary A b c 1862 both born West Bromwich with family, the occupation of Thomas being Iron Moulder, could this be the family?
Census ref RG13/2723/52/38

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MrJ4m3s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 March 14 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi in 1901 at 66, Hall End was a Thomas Vowles b c 1862 and wife Mary A b c 1862 both born West Bromwich with family, the occupation of Thomas being Iron Founder, could this be the family?
Census ref RG13/2723/52/38

Keyboard86

Yeah thats the family!

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 March 14 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have managed to find you some information.Go to the website,Graces Guide,www.gracesguide.co.uk.type in Triplex Foundry.It says there is a page,Triplex Foundry,click on it,then Triplex Foundries group,there are links then to Vono and Vowles.If you let me know,i will look in the books at Wolverhampton archives on Tuesday.Glen
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline MrJ4m3s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 March 14 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have managed to find you some information.Go to the website,Graces Guide,www.gracesguide.co.uk.type in Triplex Foundry.It says there is a page,Triplex Foundry,click on it,then Triplex Foundries group,there are links then to Vono and Vowles.If you let me know,i will look in the books at Wolverhampton archives on Tuesday.Glen

Hi Glen.
Thanks for that! Great information!
If you could look for me that'll be great! I got information from Sandwell archives but found nothing at Dudley archives!

James

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 March 14 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello James.I will look Tuesday in the books,BUT----try this.blackcountryhistory.org.Type in Vowles Foundry.You will get lots of things about it.Then,click on partner(left hand side)and it tells you where the information is.There are 306 hits for Sandwell!Each bit of information has its own reference number,which can easily be fetched for you from the storeroom.Glenys
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi James,
I have looked at all the books today on ironfounders,there is no mention of Vowles.The best thing to do is search on the blackcountry website,note down the reference nos.then go and ask for the information.Let me know if you want any more help.Glenys
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline MrJ4m3s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 March 14 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi James,
I have looked at all the books today on ironfounders,there is no mention of Vowles.The best thing to do is search on the blackcountry website,note down the reference nos.then go and ask for the information.Let me know if you want any more help.Glenys

Thank you for looking :).
I have looked on the website and all I've found is planning permissions and photos of apprentices with the surname Vowles. I was wondering if any of these were related but they don't have any first names or ages with them :( I didn't even know which one was Vowles (i saw the picture at Sandwell Archives)

James

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 13 March 14 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi James,I expect the website you got the invoice from was Old west Bromwich Photos,as I spotted the invoice as well,but did you know there was a forum on that site,where you can ask your questions?Also,there is a website,www.wikitree.com.It lists a Charles Vowles and his family.There was a brother,Thomas.The adverts I found say Vowles Bros,who was the other brother?Glenys
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding