Author Topic: winfield s burkam  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Priscilla

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: winfield s burkam
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 September 10 19:04 BST (UK) »
The website "Find a Grave" has photos of the grave for Angus McInnes Burkam who was born 12.12.1896 and died 18.9.1965.
Eccles (Hoylake / Exeter / Plymouth)
Hicks (Devonport, Plymouth)
Grafton (Exeter, Devon)
Harris (Marazion, Cornwall)
Collard (Yeovil, Somerset)
Johns (Devonport, Plymouth)
Lyle (Bude, Cornwall)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 September 10 19:10 BST (UK) »
S.S. America from New York to Southampton, arriving 30 Aug. 1958
Burkam, Winfield, male, born 20 May 1918, address in the UK - Rose Farm, Water La., Bovington Hemel Hempstead, Eng., occupation - accountant, country of last permanent residence - US, country of intended future permanent residence - England.

There are also two Burkam children with him - a girl born in 1949 and a boy born in 1952.  If you want the details on them, let me know & I will send them by private message (unless you know they are deceased.)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 September 10 19:17 BST (UK) »
I found an obituary in the Benton Harbor, Michigan News Palladium for Mrs. Anna Burkham Stover, who died 13 Jul. 1936 in Lakeland, Florida.  It says that she was born in Paw Paw on 23 Jun. 1858 to Mr. & Mrs. Neil McInnes, pioneer residents of Paw Paw & Benton Harbor.  She married Winfield Scott Burkham in 1891 and was the mother of Chauncey D. and Angus Burkham and Mrs. Joseph Sharn (last name hard to read), all of Benton Harbor, and Fitzhugh S. Burkham, who died 5 years ago.  After Winfield Burkham's death in 1917, she married Dr. Wesley Stover in 1924.  She also left 2 sisters and 6 grandchildren.

In the same paper from 13 Dec. 1941, it says Winfield Scott Burkam, son of Mr. & Mrs. Scott Burkam, was transferred from the airfield at Wichita Falls, Texas to Camp Logan air base near Denver.  It says he was a 1936 graduate of Benton Harbor high school, and his parents moved to Kalamazoo a few years ago.

I also found an obit for Chauncey from 11 May 1964 - his widow was Iva, and one of his sons was (*) of England.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 September 10 20:39 BST (UK) »
On the site that jorose linked to, there's a marriage record for Anna Mcinnes, daughter of Neil Mcinnes and Susan White, & W. S. Burkam, son of W. D. and May Radcliff.  Other records seem to indicate the Winfield Scott's mother was Mary Radcliff.

On the 1900 Census, Anna & Scott W. Burkham are living with Anna's parents, Niel and Susan McInnis, both born in Canada.

Offline watfordlad84

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 12:42 BST (UK) »
S.S. America from New York to Southampton, arriving 30 Aug. 1958
Burkam, Winfield, male, born 20 May 1918, address in the UK - Rose Farm, Water La., Bovington Hemel Hempstead, Eng., occupation - accountant, country of last permanent residence - US, country of intended future permanent residence - England.

There are also two Burkam children with him - a girl born in 1949 and a boy born in 1952.  If you want the details on them, let me know & I will send them by private message (unless you know they are deceased.)

The girl: 1949 = alive - My mother (Married & Remarried) 3 Children
The boy: 1952 = alive 2 Children

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Watfordlad,

Welcome to RootsChat. The notification to "digging up bones" bounced back to us last week, it looks like their email address had changed since they first posted.  I did find an alternative address and have emailed them to let them know of your reply, I am sorry to say that I have not heard back.

Kind Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline watfordlad84

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 13:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Watfordlad,

Welcome to RootsChat. The notification to "digging up bones" bounced back to us last week, it looks like their email address had changed since they first posted.  I did find an alternative address and have emailed them to let them know of your reply, I am sorry to say that I have not heard back.

Kind Regards

Sarah

Thank you for trying Sarah, hopefully we hear something back in the future