Author Topic: JOHN and ELIZABETH CHARLTON. South Shields  (Read 2041 times)

Offline emaline

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JOHN and ELIZABETH CHARLTON. South Shields
« on: Saturday 15 March 14 15:09 GMT (UK) »
I need help on this family which I am trying to research for my granddaughter.s husband on his mothers side.  Her husband has little or no knowledge about his mothers roots.

PATRICIA M CHARLTON.  Married Keith J Langreaux-Fay  1973 , Dacorum, Hemel Hempstead. Hertfordshire.
Born  12/11/1946  believed Middx,  died Dacorum 1998.

Her parents were Leslie and Elizabeth CHARLTON who both died in Dacorum.  It looks as though her father Leslie was born 3/11/1914 in 27 Byron St, South Shields , Durham and his father JOHN (ships joiner) was married to Elizabeth nee Stephenson.  1991 census shows him 3 Eglesfield Rd, South Shields, before Leslie was born.

Any help please with  Leslies parents please and back ifurther if possible. It would be a tremendous help.  Any Electoral registers which show his grandparents in Middx and when they moved from south Shields?

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN and ELIZABETH CHARLTON. South Shields
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 March 14 16:15 GMT (UK) »
and his father JOHN (ships joiner) was married to Elizabeth nee Stephenson.  1991 census shows him 3 Eglesfield Rd, South Shields, before Leslie was born.

Any help please with  Leslies parents please and back ifurther if possible.

When and where were they born - you say you have them in 1911 so that info should be available

When and where did they marry - have you checked freebmd?   www.freebmd.org.uk/

If they were born before 1881 - have you looked for them on the 1881 census
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1321821
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline leka

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 March 14 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi emaline
there is a marriage of John Charlton to Elizabeth Stephenson 1906 (JAS) in South Shields which could be your John & Elizabeth. John came from Hexham & Elizabeth from Sunderland.

I'm also researching the Charlton Family but sorry to say we are not related :( but i hope the above is helpful to you.
leka
Solomon,Pullan,Charlton

Offline emaline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 March 14 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Leka.  I had come across that couple and hoped I was on the right path.  There seemed to be other ones with similar names and I have to admit that I was getting confused as to who could be the correct family.

T
hank you again. Much appreciated