Author Topic: Noah Allport  (Read 1456 times)

Offline nessa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Noah Allport
« on: Friday 22 August 14 11:29 BST (UK) »
I have come to a full stop trying to find the parents of Noah Allport born about 1821 The Delph Staffordshire. I believe his parents may have been Noah Allport and Nancy Higgs both born in Brierley Hill Staffordshire.

Noah married Mary Ann Mills in 1839 Wombourn his father is Noah and a miner living at Swindon.

I have no idea where the family originally comes from I was told sometime ago they were from Utoxeter and there does appear to be a large number of Allport's living there but I can't find anything linking them to Utoxeter.

nessa

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Noah Allport
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 August 14 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hiya Nessa

If Noah and Nancy are his parents they are on the 1841 census living at Old Hill Rowley Regis see HO107/997/6

They are also on the 1851 census Noah born Stourbridge Nancy born Delph

This might be Noah's baptism off Familysearch

Noah Allport 1.3.1818 Park Lane Presbytarian Cradley Worcestershire parents Noah and Nancy

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 August 14 14:07 BST (UK) »
Also if you look on FreeREG there are several children baptised to Noah and Nancy at St Thomas Dudley

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 August 14 14:12 BST (UK) »
There is also several burials on there

Interestingly there is the burial 16.5.1813 at Brierley Hill of a child Maria aged 1 daughter of Noah and Sarah living the Delph - Noah may have been married before?

Plus there is a baptism of a Noah Alport 29.10.1891 Brierley Hill parents William and Elizabeth on Familysearch

Willow x

Offline nessa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Willow,

Thanks or the replies, I have spent sometime over the weekend looking at the baptisms of Noah and Nancy's children the family were living at Blowrs Green Dudley on all of the baptisms, the last one Fanny 1839.  By 1841 Noah and Nancy have moved to Old Hill but the Noah I am looking at has married and is living at Pear Tree Lane Netherton which is next to Blowers Green on the census addresses.  So perhaps I do have the right parents for Noah.

Vanessa

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hiya Vanessa

Yes it looks like it might be the right couple and all the information you have seems to fit I think its more telling that Nancy is born Delph and so is Noah junior - maybe she went home to her parents house to have her first baby

It seems that Noah also had a daughter called Maria - she married Phineas Williams 12.9.1841 so maybe the other Noah is a relation

Willow x

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 12:08 BST (UK) »
There is also several burials on there

Interestingly there is the burial 16.5.1813 at Brierley Hill of a child Maria aged 1 daughter of Noah and Sarah living the Delph - Noah may have been married before?

Plus there is a baptism of a Noah Alport 29.10.1891 Brierley Hill parents William and Elizabeth on Familysearch

Willow x

This should read 1791  ::) ie Noah seniors baptism

Willow x

Offline RyanUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 11 March 22 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Mine seem to come through
Worcestershire, England and
Staffordshire, England.

I am related to the Allports too :)
Brinsley -
(marple, derbyshire)

Dace -