Author Topic: Sisson - descendants of William Henry Sisson and Emmie Annie Stokes (or Stennett  (Read 1449 times)

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Are there any descendants of this couple who may have photos or other information about Emmie Annie's mother and father, Joseph Stokes (aka Stennett) and Elizabeth Julia Boesley (also known variously as Stokes or Stennett).
William Henry Sisson (1878 - 1948) and Emmie Annie Stokes (Stennett) (1877- 1920) lived in Wellington, and William may have been still there in the 1940's.
William and Annie had two sons: Raymond Lawrence Charles Sisson (1901 - 1985) and Desmond Vernon Sisson (1910 - 1989). Raymond had a daughter, Patricia, who died in 2002.
I have been researching Joseph and Elizabeth (they are an interesting pair!) and I would be delighted to contact any member of their descendants, in the hopes they have more information on any of the family members . My connection is through Emmie Annie's sister, Lizzie Orious Stokes (or Stennett) who was my great grandmother.
Joyce & Black in Armagh/Down; Clarkson in Hull, East Riding; Paxton in Hull, Yorkshire; Lodge in Huddersfield and Liverpool; Shaw in Caistor, Lincolnshire; Noncon and Pope in London.