Author Topic: Bowyer/Boyer East Woodhay help please.  (Read 467 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Bowyer/Boyer East Woodhay help please.
« on: Monday 29 September 14 11:02 BST (UK) »
I am trying to discover the parents of William Bowyer/Boyer my 3xggrandfather who married Rachel Giles in Easthampstead, Berks in 1790.  Easthampstead records show a William Boyer age 7 and his brothers John (12), Thomas (10) and James (4) children of John Boyer and Elizabeth, both deceased being moved from Easthampstead to East Woodhay, in the County of Southampton in 1769. I think this is probably 'my William'. 

John Boyer of the parish of Wokingham and Elizabeth Williams of Easthampstead were married in Wokingham in November 1765. Witnesses Benjamin Boyer and Chas Shepherd. 

I wonder if anyone could check the East Woodhay records for any trace of John Boyer or any settlement records re. this family.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)