Author Topic: Rose Upton married Jack Harris  (Read 14261 times)

Offline SATINE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Upton married Jack Harris
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 13 December 11 08:38 GMT (UK) »
 :)sheila would defiently know me I am Brenda Jacks middle daughter she used to visit my mum and dad when they were alive please give her my regards hope she is keeping well..

Offline SATINE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 22:00 GMT (UK) »
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR..TAKE CARE.. SATINE

Offline SATINE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 04 January 12 09:21 GMT (UK) »
well hope every one has had a good christmas...well have fathomed out a little...lizzie married a buckley my uncle dukes.my aunt harriet married frankie simpson who she meet in the army she had my two cousins lorraine and carol who know live in the states would love to know if any one knows what happened to my aunt lizzies and uncle dukes family children..young lizzie, doris,perry.tommy boy boy,and billy...the two eldest lads went to oz with there wives..we are going back at least 40 + years ...so am not holding out much hope but you never know .once again  Happy Newyear to every one

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello do you know any more info TWINNY about the family? do you know where they originally came from I was told Ireland old Miller was Irish and do you know when they changed there name from Miller to Harris  thanks ................
Buckley Loveridge Upton Lee Harris Miller Wilson Foster Burnside Fury

Offline SATINE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 January 12 09:15 GMT (UK) »
my dad was registered  MILLER IN 1923 but he joined the army as Harris when he was 21 and also married my mother in 1948 as Harris..when it came to collecting his pension we had to go to london to get his birth certificate and even my mother was surprised he was miller she only found out when we could not find him registerd under Harris..he just said that,s what travellers did ..so she had to do a change of name..I have only ever known the name Harris .it is really weird,how do you join the British army as one name when it is really another ..still perhaps it did.nt matter in the early 40,s I mean he could not read or write but that never stopped him joining the airbourne in India..I think you are write about the irish connection...if you get any more info would love to here about it ...take care..

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 12 January 12 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Your dads Mother and Father,  Santine, Have you any birth marriage dates for them? I was looking on this websitehttp://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/a6d47b0075469..and there is a lot of Millars, as I think the surname was spelt Millar not Miller, there is a few George and Margarets going back through the 1800s some was in the Army  aswell, if you could let me know...................

Offline SATINE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 13 January 12 08:41 GMT (UK) »
all I have is what,s on dads birth certificate ..mothers name rose miller formerly upton and fathers name jack miller trade licensed hawker..the mark of mother is a X address caravan town road edmonton in the county of middlesex..not sure if this will help  good luck..and keep in touch x

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 13 January 12 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks any way, strange thing is my granny Elizabeth, your dads sister born 1910 on her birth certificate it says mother Rose Harris nee Upton father Jack Harris on a census dated 1911 Romford Essex its got Jack Harris wife Rose son Ernest 2 or 3 not sure without looking at it then my granny Elizabeth 1yr old, that was in 1911 they used the name Harris my granny was registered in Harris not Miller, when was your dad born and where? your dad was a younger sibling, its strange that my granny was registerd in Harris so was Ernest i should imagine but your dad was Miller registered, such a mixed up affair lol, No wonder its hard to trace anyone. It sounds like the Miller Harris surname has been swapped back and forth a lllllllllllot!! I need to know who Jacks mother and father was Molly and George are all i got to go on she was an umbrella mender apparently and was Irish, Molly could be pet name for Margaret or Mary and so on, If you find anyone who knows a bit more or anyone readind knows a bit more let me know........

Offline SATINE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 14 January 12 09:50 GMT (UK) »
DAD BORN IN EDMONTON  IN MIDDLESEX ON 8TH JAN 1923 HE WAS REG 19TH FEBUARY...THE OFFICIAL NUMBER ON COPY BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS   BXA 31O779 MY DAD LIVED IN MANOR PARK ROMFORD ESSEX..IN ALVERSTON ROAD......NOT SURE WHY MY AUNT OLLY GIRL ..AUNT HARRIET AND MY UNCLE BILL ARE NOT ON CENSUS BILL WAS THE YOUNGEST I KNOW HARRIET WAS OLDER THAN MY DAD BECAUSE HE TOLD ME SHE WAS SPOILT AND ALWAYS GOT HER WAY BECAUSE SHE COULD READ AND WRITE,SADLY THEY ARE ALL GONE..SO MANY QUESTIONS TO ASK THEM..GOOD LUCK ...OH TWINNY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP IF YOU CAN CONTACT HIM