Author Topic: is there any online parish records  (Read 6086 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: is there any online parish records
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 December 12 20:06 GMT (UK) »
We have a link, via Ann Page & George Hatt.

George Hatt(1840. Hughenden), is the son of my relation, Hannah Ives(1801. Hughenden), who married Charles Hatt,  14 Jun 1823 @Hughenden.  Witnesses - George Ridgeley & Samuel Dean.

Charles Hatt was born, 1803 in Compton, Berkshire.  Son of Thomas & Honour Hatt.

Charles Hatt & Hannah(nee.Ives) had 12 children. :o

Ann Page & George Hatt, went on to have 11 children. :o :o

I thought the Hatt's rang a bell. ;D

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 December 12 21:44 GMT (UK) »
That's cool so is thirZa and Ann sisters then ?  :)
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 December 12 21:48 GMT (UK) »

George Hatt(1840. Hughenden), is the son of my relation, Hannah Ives(1801. Hughenden), who married Charles Hatt,  14 Jun 1823 @Hughenden.  Witnesses - George Ridgeley & Samuel Dean.

Charles Hatt was born, 1803 in Compton, Berkshire.  Son of Thomas & Honour Hatt.

so we R like long distant cousins ? Ann and Georges children would be thiza.and Williams neices and nephews and vice versa :-D
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 December 12 23:33 GMT (UK) »

so we R like long distant cousins ? Ann and Georges children would be thiza.and Williams neices and nephews and vice versa :-D

Yep, cousins of some sort......but a long way back. ;D ;D
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline supermoussi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 January 14 16:58 GMT (UK) »

The Bucks Herald mentions Charles HATT 1803-78 several times:-

* He is supposed to have had 14 children in total, although only 10 made it past childhood.

* On 19 Sep 1867 he was toasted by (I think) Rt Hon Benjamin Disraeli, MP, at the Hughenden Harvest Festival held in the grounds of Hughenden Manor as a model of what the skillful and independant husbandman ought to be (Hughenden had just had a bumper harvest). Charles made a short speech in return praising his host and other Gentlemen.

* On 10 Oct 1867 he won the Princes Risborough Long Servitude 1st Prize of £1 for 41 years of continuous and good service to James Lee.

* On 16 Oct 1875 the Longevity of the inhabitants of Hughenden was noted upon; 3 Labourers in the employ of James Lee had a combined age of 250 yrs, namely William HAWES 86, William WHARTON 86 and Charles HATT 78. HAWES & HATT worked regularly on the farm and were hale and active men for their ages and still sang the annual harvest songs heartily.

Unfortunately his son Charles HATT Jnr let the side down a bit and was imprisoned for 14 days with Hard Labour on 1 Jul 1850 for stealing a Quart of Ale from his mistress Ann GUY!

All of this, and much more, can be found on the British Newspapers Archives website:- http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/ Most of the Bucks can be filtered on by County and was mainly published in the Bucks Herald.

Offline c_rickard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 January 14 22:35 GMT (UK) »
While not perfect, this site might provide some useful help.

http://freereg.rootsweb.com/

It is a companion  project to FreeBMD.

Chuck :)