Author Topic: Info/Relatives of Patrick Byrne & Mary Anne Hickey Byrne Garnavilla Cahir  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Murma

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick from Kinibutter, Mary from Cahir, married 1877 in Cahir. His father Michael Byrne, her father Patrick Hickey. Her mother Mooney.  Their children: Patrick J, Winifred, Mary or Molly, Josephine or Johanna, John, perhaps Michael, perhaps Thomas (all born in the 1880s & 1890s). PJ, Winifred, Mary, and Jo went to the US (New York). John stayed; was in the Free State Militia. Do not know about Michael and Thomas. PJ married Monahan, Winifred married her cousin Byrnes, Jo married Reidy, and Mary married a Prussian! We are told Reidy relatives are still in Garnavilla. Various family members have gone from the US to Ireland but none were able to get to Garnavilla! Any info or sources appreciated. (Byrne is sometimes spelled Burn, Byrnes, and Burns in various records.) Thanx.

Offline John Reidy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Info/Relatives of Patrick Byrne & Mary Anne Hickey Byrne Garnavilla Cahir
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 October 14 01:04 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmother was Johanna Reidy nee Byrne, Garnavilla,Cahir.

Offline Murma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Info/Relatives of Patrick Byrne & Mary Anne Hickey Byrne Garnavilla Cahir
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 November 14 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cousin John!
Thank you for responding. Your grandmother is my Grand Aunt Jo! We used to be in contact with Cousin Maureen Reidy Green but have not heard in a long while. My grandmother was Mary Theresa Byrne. Would love to exchange info with you about our family. Mary