Author Topic: John McNicol m Ann Leitch 1854  (Read 38247 times)

Offline citrustree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John McNicol m Ann Leitch 1854
« Reply #45 on: Monday 20 February 12 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Our very extensive family here in NZ is descended from Frances Leitch who emigrated at aged 17 on the "Jane Gifford" in 1852, - 'One of Bishop Selwyn's chosen settlers'. She was baptised at St. Peters in Liverpool on 5.1.1836, her parents were Duncan & Mary Ann Leitch nee Heany, - her mother was a widow when she married Duncan on 25th September 1829 at St. Peters.
I have been unable to find their parents. Duncan was recorded as being a mariner at their marriage & a shipwright on his daughter's baptism cert..
I'm wondering if he is related to your Ann, if he had any more children, when he lived,died etc..
Perhaps he/they are on census records?
Hoping someone is able to help, please.

Offline kmcnicol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 26 April 12 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi David (Walter12),

I am the grand-daughter of John Henry (Jack) McNicol.  He is the son of William and Sarah McNicol that doesn't rate a mention here!  Edith McNicol was Jack's sister, and was my Mum's aunt.  I have tried to work out how to send you a PM, but can't seem to activate that function here.

The other female infant who was also adopted by Edith, as referred to in your posts, tracked down my grandfather and meet with him a number of times.  She also wrote a number of lovely letters to him, which I kept after his death.  I am happy to share this information with you, including anything else you would like to know about Edith.  Maybe you can work out how to send me a message back though here !!

Kind regards

Kerrie McNicol

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 26 April 12 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerrie

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

New members must post 3 times to use the PM system
Just reply to this post another 2 times

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 26 April 12 13:14 BST (UK) »
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

To send a PM just click on the small green scroll to the left of the post of the person you wish to contact
Use the PM system for email addresses , other private information , or names of living or possibly living people

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline kmcnicol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 26 April 12 13:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks EV

Offline kmcnicol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 26 April 12 13:21 BST (UK) »
Sorry...one more to activate the PM system.

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 17 January 14 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks,
Mary in Canada here! I was born in Scotland to a Glen Orchy Fletcher and a Balquhidder McGregor, lived in Tayvallich, Argyll and then immigrated in 1967. My 5x great grandparents were Angus Fletcher (abt. 1791 - 1850) and Margaret McNicol (abt. 1804 - 1840) who married in Glen Orchy in 1820. Little is known about our other McNicol connections other than that Margaret had a brother, John McNicol, born abt 1789 and died in 1860. I would love to know more! Thanks!

Mary
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull