Author Topic: Joseph Garibaldi Morrow – ‘Industrial School’ Auckland NZ - what next ?  (Read 5114 times)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Garibaldi Morrow – ‘Industrial School’ Auckland NZ - what next ?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Correspondence about the problem of boys running away from the Naval Training School at Kohimarama - Adam Morrow (Auckland library ask at Desk)
http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/exec/dbtwpub.dll?AC=SEE_ALSO&QF0=Descriptors&QI0==%22Kohimarama,+Auckland%22&XC=/dbtw-wpd/exec/dbtwpub.dll&BU=&TN=LocHAM&SN=AUTO3&SE=626&RN=31&MR=0&TR=0&TX=1000&ES=0&CS=1&XP=&RF=Displayweb&EF=&DF=&RL=0&EL=0&DL=0&NP=2&ID=&MF=WPEngMsg.ini&MQ=&TI=0&DT=&ST=0&IR=29298&NR=0&NB=0&SV=0&SS=0&BG=&FG=&QS=&OEX=ISO-8859-1&OEH=ISO-8859-1

Sorry can't see a Joseph anywhere, do you think he might have been buried as plain Joseph Morrow ....? Do you think he might have ended up on a farm or at the Costley Training Institution (this building is also known as Carlile House, Grey Lynn?)
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline Morrow+Morning

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Garibaldi Morrow – ‘Industrial School’ Auckland NZ - what next ?
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 May 23 12:57 BST (UK) »
To Morris
I am the  of Thomas (*) (born Morrow). I live in Auckland & would love to chat about why my grandfather changed our family name and it seems like you know a lot of the history. I wonder if you can share any information you might have. I am keen to talk it over with my elderly father before too much time passes.
Kind regards

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.